Outstanding Physicians, Individualized Treatment Plans, Cutting-Edge Technology and Patient-Centered Services and Support – All Under One Roof
For the treatment of women’s cancers, there is one place best equipped to help women face this chapter and those to come – Moffitt Cancer Center. At our Center for Women’s Oncology, patients with breast, ovarian, cervical, endometrial, vulvar and vaginal cancers or gestational trophoblastic disease are provided state-of-the-art care in an elegant, warm and caring environment. Recognizing that your time is valuable, every specialist you see, every test you receive, and every treatment prescribed is in one place.
Make a New Patient Appointment Now
- Please fax medical records requests to 813-449-8001.
Clinic Contact Sheets
Women's Oncology TeleTalks
As a patient at Moffitt’s Center for Women’s Oncology, you will find physicians who are proven leaders in the field of cancer care.
We have 23 physicians who are dedicated full-time to screening, diagnosing and treating women’s cancers. Each has completed the most advanced training available in the form of a fellowship in their field of expertise. Every one has gone through the rigorous process of achieving board certification from their particular specialty or subspecialty organization. This single focus ensures they remain abreast of the latest advances and research being done in women’s cancers, and results in state-of-the art treatment plans and recovery programs for their patients.
As one of just 41 National Cancer Institute-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers, you can be assured that Moffitt’s service is characterized by scientific excellence and the capability to integrate research into cancer treatment. And for the 14th year in a row, Moffitt has been listed among "America’s Best Hospitals" for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
On the cutting edge
Moffitt has been on the forefront of developing technological innovations in oncology throughout the world, and can offer patients in The Center for Women’s Oncology a wide range of options for their care, including:
- The daVinci® system for robotic-assisted surgery – many gynecological procedures can be performed using minimally invasive techniques, leading to faster recovery and fewer complications
- All digital imaging – from mammography to Breast MRI, we have consistently been the first in the area to offer the latest technologies and are constantly upgrading our equipment to ensure we are providing the best treatment available
- A higher-than-average likelihood of being treated with lumpectomy (breast-conserving surgery) instead of mastectomy
- Sentinel lymph node mapping/biopsy which may reduce the amount of surgery breast cancer patients need to have
- All three types of partial breast irradiation – Brachytherapy, MammoSite® and 3D-CRT, allowing healthy tissues to be spared and reducing the number of radiation sessions needed
- Fertility-sparing therapies to provide women with the best chance of being able to become pregnant after cancer treatment
- Sexual health counseling to enable patients to regain sexual function after cancer
- Integrative medicine services, such as yoga, acupuncture and massage as well as dietary and alternative medicine counseling to ensure these treatments are complementing patients’ traditional cancer treatment
Chosen time and again
Patient satisfaction surveys show time and again that more than 95% of our women’s oncology patients would recommend Moffitt. We treat more patients with breast and gynecological cancers that any other hospital in the state of Florida.
Total Cancer Care® and Personalized Cancer Care
One of the Center’s priority initiatives is called Total Cancer Care ®. This comprehensive approach to cancer enables researchers and caregivers to identify and meet all the needs of a patient and her or his family during the patient's lifetime and for future generations.
One component of Total Cancer Care® is Personalized Cancer Care. We can offer many patients the ability to participate in research to utilize existing and emerging biomarker technology to enhance their care. One current study allows physicians to select treatment for ovarian cancer on the basis of the genetic fingerprint of the patient’s own cancer. It marks the beginning of the movement away from one-size-fits all treatment regimen and moves toward true personalized medicine.
Survivorship and the next generation
Moffitt is fortunate to have a growing group of cancer survivors. We are poised to meet the unique needs of cancer survivors as they embark upon the next chapter of their lives through our Survivorship Clinic.
We also offer every patient the opportunity to have genetic counseling, and – if appropriate – genetic testing to ensure that future generations have the best understanding of their risks and the ways that they can reduce their chance of developing this disease.