• University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center - Administrative Fellow
• University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center - Surgical Oncology
• Memorial-Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - Hepatobiliary Oncology Laboratory
• Montefiore Medical Center - Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Department of Surgery
• Sackler School of Medicine - New York State American Program - MD
Dr. Jonathan Zager is a surgical oncologist in the Departments of Cutaneous Oncology and Sarcoma at Moffitt Cancer Center and director of outcomes research at Moffitt’s Donald A. Adam Comprehensive Melanoma Research Center. He is an assistant professor of surgery and surgical oncology at the University of South Florida College of Medicine.
Dr. Zager’s research and clinical interests include cutaneous melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers, soft tissue sarcomas, isolated limb infusions in transit or recurrent melanoma and intraoperative PET probe-directed surgery for metastatic lesions.
Dr. Zager graduated magna cum laude from University Sackler School of Medicine’s New York State/American Program. He served a junior residency at North Shore University Hospital-New York University School of Medicine and was a research fellow at Memorial-Sloan Kettering Cancer Center before pursuing a residency in surgery at Montefiore Medical Center-Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He was chief resident his last year. Dr. Zager completed fellowship training in surgical oncology at the University of Texas-M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
Dr. Zager has received numerous awards, including Best Doctors in America, America’s Top Oncologists and Patients Choice Physician Award. He is a member of numerous editorial and advisory boards and professional organizations, including the Sentinel Node Oncology Foundation executive committee.