To further the mission of contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer, Moffitt Cancer Center collaborates with respected academic, research, educational and regional care centers, and referring physicians known as the Moffitt Oncology Network.
Wholly committed to Moffitt’s model of patient-centered, integrated cancer care, the Moffitt Oncology Network is helping Moffitt develop a premier cancer care delivery system, focused solely on providing patients the best personalized cancer care. The Moffitt Oncology Network implements Moffitt’s Clinical Care Model, including multidisciplinary cancer care, peer review, clinical pathways and quality assurance.
Thanks to these partnerships, more patients are receiving better care – and, most important, they are getting the best shot at beating cancer.
Our collaborations are identified as follows:
- Moffitt Oncology Network: A co-branded partnership with a hospital, academic center or health care organization to provide clinical and research oncology care focused on the Moffitt Clinical Care Model
MOFFITT ONCOLOGY NETWORK MEMBERS ARE OPENING THE DOOR TO A NEW ELEVATION IN CANCER CARE
- Quality Certification
- Development of evidence- based, comprehensive clinical flow diagrams, designed to encompass the most appropriate care
- Moffitt Quality Metrics Plus
- Unique, customized oncology clinical vignettes and Moffitt oversight, measurement and feedback
- Clinical Research & Clinical Trial Services
- Unique clinical trials opportunities
- Future focus on Moffitt-based trials & ongoing on-site research consultation
- Joint Development of Scientific Programs & Leading To Centers of Excellence
- Development of core areas of strength for clinical and/or basic science research to expand external research funding
- Clinical Model Education
- Access to weekly multi-specialty tumor boards at Moffitt via web or video
- Development of Grand Rounds program for up-to-date information on emerging treatment strategies in cancer
- Faculty & Administrator Mentorship Program
- Moffitt mini-fellowships for faculty and administrative staff
- Week long program immersed in Moffitt’s administrative & clinical inner-workings and culture
WHY CHOOSE MOFFITT?
MOFFITT’S WORLD CLASS CARE MODEL
- Collaboration to develop a clinical care strategy that mirrors the Moffitt Cancer Care Model
- Key elements of the care model
- Research-driven cancer care
- Utilization of Moffitt Clinical Pathways or other national guidelines
- Prospective case review by interdisciplinary teams
- Patient-centered activities including navigational systems with a focus on Patient Satisfaction
- Quality Management strategies
- Supported by regular access to Moffitt interdisciplinary tumor boards, physicians and other educational venues for management strategies
MOFFITT OUTCOMES, OUR COMMITMENT TO QUALITY CARE IS UNSURPASSED
An internal analysis shows Moffitt’s survival rate at the five-year mark is greater than national rates for the disease sites shown during similar time periods.
To learn more, click here.
MOFFITT FACTS & FIGURES
- National Cancer Institute Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of only 41 in the country
- Recipient of more than $55 million in grant funding - the majority of which is peer reviewed
- Moffitt participates in more than 300 clinical trials
- The largest blood and marrow transplant program in Florida, having performed more than 400 transplants last year at Moffitt
- Moffitt is among the highest volume centers for Whipple Surgery in the country, having performed more than 450 surgeries since 2007