Partnering with a State Food Bank to Provide Tobacco Treatment to Underserved Smokers
This study will evaluate the efficacy and economic impact of a theoretically-based, fully automated, interactive smartphone-based smoking cessation intervention.
This study aims to evaluate the efficacy and economic impact of a theoretically-based, fully automated, interactive smartphone-based smoking cessation intervention to connect underserved smokers with limited resources to efficacious tobacco cessation treatments crucial for disease prevention and the elimination of health disparities.
- >100 lifetime cigarettes
- English or Spanish speaking
- Currently smoke > 5 cigarettes/day
- Process a smartphone compatible with the project app
- Have a valid email address
- Currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- Current use of smoking cessation medications
- Enrolled in a smoking cessation study
- Household member enrolled in the study
- Failure to electronically confirm participation with 14 days of randomization via electronic link sent to participant's smartphone
If you are interested in learning more about clinical trials, our clinical trial navigators can discuss your options and recommend opportunities that may be suitable for you. Call 813-745-6100 or 1-800-679-0775 (toll-free) or submit a clinical trials inquiry form.