Find a Researcher Search
Philipp M. Altrock, PhD
Academic Rank: Assistant Member
- Integrated Mathematical Oncology
- Malignant Hematology
- Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy
- Cancer Biology and Evolution Program
Education & Training
- University of Kiel, PhD - Natural Sciences
- University of Leipzig, MSc - Physics
Dr. Altrock’s lab focuses on mathematical and statistical models that elucidate the mechanisms underlying the dynamics of homeostatic tissues and growing tumors. The goals of Dr. Altrock’s research program are to better understand the onset and epidemiology of cancers, as well as to elucidate the roles of molecular, cell phenotypic and tissue environmental features in cancer detection, and during treatment. To achieve these goals, data from novel experiments at Moffitt and Harvard Medical School will be used. In addition, publically available datasets will be evaluated and incorporated into the modeling process. Of particular interest to his lab are leukemias and lymphomas, and the interactions among cancer cells and the tumor microenvironment or the immune system.
- Altrock PM, Traulsen A, Nowak MA. Evolutionary games on cycles with strong selection. Phys Rev E. 2017 Feb;95(2-1):022407. Pubmedid: 28297871.
- Altrock PM, Brendel C, Renella R, Orkin SH, Williams DA, Michor F. Mathematical modeling of erythrocyte chimerism informs genetic intervention strategies for sickle cell disease. Am J Hematol. 2016 Sep;91(9):931-937. Pubmedid: 27299299. Pmcid: PMC5093908.
- Li XY, Pietschke C, Fraune S, Altrock PM, Bosch TC, Traulsen A. Which games are growing bacterial populations playing?. J R Soc Interface. 2015 Jul;12(108):20150121. Pubmedid: 26236827. Pmcid: PMC4528578.
- Altrock PM, Liu LL, Michor F. The mathematics of cancer: integrating quantitative models. Nat Rev Cancer. 2015 Dec;15(12):730-745. Pubmedid: 26597528.
- Du J, Wu B, Altrock PM, Wang L. Aspiration dynamics of multi-player games in finite populations. J R Soc Interface. 2014 May;11(94):20140077. Pubmedid: 24598208. Pmcid: PMC3973373.
- Reeves RG, Bryk J, Altrock PM, Denton JA, Reed FA. First steps towards underdominant genetic transformation of insect populations. PLoS One. 2014 May;9(5):e97557. Pubmedid: 24844466. Pmcid: PMC4028297.
- Hilbe C, Abou Chakra M, Altrock PM, Traulsen A. The evolution of strategic timing in collective-risk dilemmas. PLoS One. 2013 Jun;8(6):e66490. Pubmedid: 23799109. Pmcid: PMC3682992.
- Franzenburg S, Fraune S, Altrock PM, Künzel S, Baines JF, Traulsen A, Bosch TC. Bacterial colonization of Hydra hatchlings follows a robust temporal pattern. ISME J. 2013 Apr;7(4):781-790. Pubmedid: 23344242. Pmcid: PMC3603398.
- Altrock PM, Traulsen A, Reed FA. Stability properties of underdominance in finite subdivided populations. PLoS Comput Biol. 2011 Nov;7(11):e1002260. Pubmedid: 22072956. Pmcid: PMC3207953.