Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Connect and Support
AYA cancer patients (ages 15-39), who may be coping with similar issues, can find it challenging to meet each other on their own. Since this is a time in younger patients’ lives when social support may be needed the most, Moffitt encourages adolescent and young adult cancer patients, family members and friends to participate in the following programs.
AYA AND LEUKEMIA AND LYMPHOMA SOCIETY NETWORKING DINNER
A monthly networking dinner is available to young adult cancer patients, survivors and caregivers to share and support each other’s cancer journey. During the evening, young adults impacted by cancer come together to network, share stories of their journey and enjoy a free meal.
- First Monday of each month at Brio Tuscan Grille Restaurant
- Pre-registration for this program is required here
- For more information, please call 813-745-4736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Families First is a special program that helps parents and their children as they adjust to the changes that occur within the family when a parent has cancer. The program provides:
- Tips on how to share information about cancer and treatment to children
- TLC backpacks for children and parents
- Helpful resources and readings
- Program provides peer support and promoting family fun and togetherness
To speak to someone about this program, call the Social Work Office at 813-745-8407.
Cancer Survivorship Clinic
As survivors travel through the different phases of their cancer journey, Moffitt Cancer Center’s Survivorship Clinic can help with different challenges that appear after completing therapy. Within the clinic, there is a special focus on Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) cancer survivors because we know the unique physical, psychological and social of cancer survivors under 40 years of age.
Imerman Angels is a global non-profit organization providing free, one-on-one emotional support to individuals, survivors and family members facing the challenges of cancer. Learn more about connecting with others through Imerman Angels.