Oncology Nurse Residency Program
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we recognize the importance of a smooth transition from nursing student to practicing clinician. Our goal for our newly licensed registered nurses is to provide an environment that prepares them to function safely, accurately and compassionately. We have developed an Oncology Nurse Residency Program to facilitate the transition and promote the adoption of oncology as a specialty practice.
This program equips novice nurses to:
- Develop ability in clinical decision-making
- Expand capacity for critical thinking
- Develop clinical autonomy in patient care
- Incorporate research-based evidence into practice
- Strengthen commitment to oncology nursing through the promotion of professional growth
As a new graduate RN in the Oncology Nurse Residency Program, you will participate in an established, evidence-based one-year program designed to provide the necessary support while you continue gaining knowledge. Applications for the program are accepted year-round.
- Prioritization and time management
- Authentic dialogue/communication
- Stress reduction and self-care
- Evidence-based practice
- Professional development
- Patient and family-centered care
- Patient assessment and documentation
- End-of-life care
- Oncology symptom management
For further questions, please feel free to reach out to Kristin Avis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn about our Ambulatory Care Oncology Nurse Residency Program.