Head and Neck Cancer FAQs
There are many types of head and neck cancer, and each is highly unique. For this reason, it can sometimes be difficult to know where to turn for accurate information. At Moffitt Cancer Center, we welcome patients with a wide range of diagnoses, including cancers of the mouth, throat, voice box, sinuses, tonsils and salivary glands. We are committed to not only administering comprehensive, patient-centric treatment, but also to providing the information our patients need to make informed decisions at every step of the way.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with head or neck cancer, you can use the following FAQs-related articles to learn more about your condition and potential treatment options:
- Can HPV cause head and neck cancer?
- What should I expect with nasal cavity cancer?
- How is salivary gland cancer treated?
- What is oropharyngeal cancer?
- What is metastatic squamous neck cancer?
- What are the most common symptoms of nasopharyngeal cancer?
- What is the difference between nasopharyngeal and hypopharyngeal cancer?
- What are the symptoms of throat cancer?
- Do all types of head and neck cancer exhibit the same symptoms?
- What doctor should I see for a lump on my neck?
- Five things to know about oral cancer treatment
- How to prepare for laryngeal cancer surgery
- Are frequent sinus infections a sign of paranasal sinus cancer?
- What are the next steps after being diagnosed with metastatic squamous neck cancer?
- What is metastatic cancer of the throat?
- Where does metastatic throat cancer spread to?
One thing you’ll want to keep in mind is that every type of cancer is different. While basic statistics and explanations can be helpful, you can receive the most relevant advice by talking with an experienced oncologist. At Moffitt Cancer Center, you don’t need a physician’s referral to do so. You can call 1-888-663-3488 or submit a new patient registration form online to request an appointment with a head and neck cancer specialist. We’re here to provide you with comprehensive answers to all of your questions.