Dr. Tiago Biachi de Castria is an Associate Member in the Department of Gastrointestinal Oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Biachi de Castria received his MD degree from Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre, Brazil. He also obtained a Doctorate degree in Internal Medicine and Therapeutics from São Paulo Federal University. He completed his Residency in Internal Medicine at São Paulo Federal University and his Clinical Oncology Fellowship at the São Paulo University - São Paulo Cancer Institute. Dr. Biachi de Castria was an attending in the Gastrointestinal Oncology Service at the São Paulo Cancer Institute and Sírio-Libanês Hospital. In 2021, he obtained the title of Associate Professor in Gastroenterology Service (São Paulo University) and Associate Professor in Postgraduate Course in Medical Oncology (São Paulo University). Dr. Biachi de Castria most recently completed a one-year Advanced Fellowship in Gastrointestinal Oncology Service at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Dr. Tiago Biachi de Castria’s clinical interest is in colorectal and upper GI cancers, including gastroesophageal and Hepatopancreatobiliary (HPB). His research interest is colorectal cancer, including biomarkers and drug development.
Clinical Trial 21513
A Phase 1 Study of KZR-261, a Small Molecule Sec61 Inhibitor, in Subjects with Advanced Solid Malignancies
Intervention: KZR-261 ()
Clinical Trial 21881
A Phase 1b/2, Open-Label Study of Amivantamab Monotherapy and in Combination with Chemotherapy in Patients with Advanced or Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
Condition: Gastrointestinal Tumor
Intervention: Amivantamab (); FOLFIRI (); FOLFOX6 (); JNJ-61186372 (Amivantamab)
- Queiroz MM, Lima NF, Biachi de Castria T. Immunotherapy and Targeted Therapy for Advanced Biliary Tract Cancer: Adding New Flavors to the Pizza. Cancers (Basel). 2023 Mar.15(7). Pubmedid: 37046631. Pmcid: PMC10093144.
- Capareli F, Costa F, Tuszynski JA, Sousa MC, Setogute YC, Lima PD, Carvalho L, Santos E, Gumz BP, Sabbaga J, de Castria TB, Jardim DL, Freitas D, Horvat N, Bezerra ROF, Testagrossa L, Costa T, Zanesco T, Iemma AF, Abou-Alfa GK. Low-energy amplitude-modulated electromagnetic field exposure: Feasibility study in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Med. 2023 Jun.12(11):12402-12412. Pubmedid: 37184216. Pmcid: PMC10278519.
- Maron SB, Chatila W, Walch H, Chou JF, Ceglia N, Ptashkin R, Do RKG, Paroder V, Pandit-Taskar N, Lewis JS, Biachi De Castria T, Sabwa S, Socolow F, Feder L, Thomas J, Schulze I, Kim K, Elzein A, Bojilova V, Zatzman M, Bhanot U, Nagy RJ, Lee J, Simmons M, Segal M, Ku GY, Ilson DH, Capanu M, Hechtman JF, Merghoub T, Shah S, Schultz N, Solit DB, Janjigian YY. Determinants of survival in HER2+ metastatic esophagogastric cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2023 Jul. Pubmedid: 37406106.
- Yan T, Huang C, Peng C, Duan X, Ji D, Duan Y, Zhang W, Zhao H, Gao K, Yang X, Zhang L, Cheng J, de Castria TB, Pocha C, Tsilimigras DI, Wu T, Su G, Li Y, Yu L, Lu Y. A multi-center retrospective study on the efficacy and safety of regorafenib vs. regorafenib combined with PD-1 inhibitors as a second-line therapy in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. Ann Transl Med. 2023 Jan.11(2):109. Pubmedid: 36819518. Pmcid: PMC9929741.
- de Castria TB, Khalil DN, Harding JJ, O'Reilly EM, Abou-Alfa GK. Tremelimumab and durvalumab in the treatment of unresectable, advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. Future Oncol. 2022 Oct.18(33):3769-3782. Pubmedid: 36399155.
- Huang E, Ma T, Zhou J, Ma N, Yang W, Liu C, Hou Z, Chen S, de Castria TB, Zeng B, Zong Z, Zhou T. The development and validation of a novel senescence-related long-chain non-coding RNA (lncRNA) signature that predicts prognosis and the tumor microenvironment of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Ann Transl Med. 2022 Jul.10(14):766. Pubmedid: 35965795. Pmcid: PMC9372681.
- Pereira MA, Ramos MFKP, Dias AR, Ribeiro R, Cardili L, Zilberstein B, Cecconello I, Ribeiro U, de Mello ES, de Castria TB. Scoring systems for PD-L1 expression and their prognostic impact in patients with resectable gastric cancer. Virchows Arch. 2021 Jun.478(6):1039-1048. Pubmedid: 33098489.
- Dornellas AFL, Ramos MFKP, Pereira MA, Cardili L, Dias AR, de Castria TB. Locally Advanced Gastric Adenocarcinoma with Impressive Response to Hemostatic Radiation: the Possible Role of p53 Status and Eosinophilic Infiltrate. J Gastrointest Cancer. 2021 Jun.52(2):788-791. Pubmedid: 32954464.
- de Castria TB, Tang L, Queiroz MM, Awni BM, Paroder V, Shamseddine A, Bariani GM, Mukherji D, Matar CF, Fernandes GDS, El-Olayan A, Sabatin F, Elias R, Gupta R, Janjigian YY, Abou-Alfa GK. Hepatoid esophagogastric adenocarcinoma and tumoral heterogeneity: a case report. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2021 Dec.12(6):3123-3132. Pubmedid: 35070435. Pmcid: PMC8748022.
- Pereira MA, de Castria TB, Ramos MFKP, Dias AR, Cardili L, de Moraes RDR, Zilberstein B, Nahas SC, Ribeiro U, de Mello ES. Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated protein 4 in gastric cancer: Prognosis and association with PD-L1 expression. J Surg Oncol. 2021 Dec.124(7):1040-1050. Pubmedid: 34255356.
- Pereira MA, Ramos MFKP, Dias AR, Cardili L, Ribeiro RRE, de Castria TB, Zilberstein B, Nahas SC, Ribeiro U, de Mello ES. RhoA, Claudin 18, and c-MET in Gastric Cancer: Clinicopathological Characteristics and Prognostic Significance in Curative Resected Patients. Med Sci (Basel). 2021 Dec.10(1). Pubmedid: 35076580. Pmcid: PMC8788521.
- Ramos MFKP, Duarte VC, Pereira MA, de Castria TB, Schmerling CK, Zilberstein B, Ribeiro-Júnior U, Cecconello I. Schistosomiasis Misleading Gastric Cancer Treatment. J Gastrointest Cancer. 2020 Jun.51(2):643-646. Pubmedid: 31758467.
- Harada G, Bonadio RRDCC, de Araújo FCC, Victor CR, Sallum RAA, Junior UR, Cecconello I, Takeda FR, de Castria TB. Induction Chemotherapy for Locally Advanced Esophageal Cancer. J Gastrointest Cancer. 2020 Jun.51(2):498-505. Pubmedid: 31240598.
- Ramos MFKP, de Castria TB, Pereira MA, Dias AR, Antonacio FF, Zilberstein B, Hoff PMG, Ribeiro U, Cecconello I. Return to Intended Oncologic Treatment (RIOT) in Resected Gastric Cancer Patients. J Gastrointest Surg. 2020 Jan.24(1):19-27. Pubmedid: 31745892.
- Vasconcellos VF, Marta GN, da Silva EM, Gois AF, de Castria TB, Riera R. Cisplatin versus carboplatin in combination with third-generation drugs for advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2020 Jan.1(1):CD009256. Pubmedid: 31930743. Pmcid: PMC6956680.
- Ramos MFKP, Pereira MA, de Castria TB, Ribeiro RRE, Cardili L, de Mello ES, Zilberstein B, Ribeiro-Júnior U, Cecconello I. Remnant gastric cancer: a neglected group with high potential for immunotherapy. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2020 Dec.146(12):3373-3383. Pubmedid: 32671505.
- Pereira MA, Ramos MFKP, Dias AR, Cardili L, Ribeiro RRE, Charruf AZ, de Castria TB, Zilberstein B, Ceconello I, Avancini Ferreira Alves V, Ribeiro U, de Mello ES. Lymph node regression after neoadjuvant chemotherapy: A predictor of survival in gastric cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2020 Apr.121(5):795-803. Pubmedid: 31773740.
- Ramos MFKP, Pereira MA, Amorim LC, de Mello ES, Faraj SF, Ribeiro U, Hoff PMG, Cecconello I, de Castria TB. Gastric cancer molecular classification and adjuvant therapy: Is there a different benefit according to the subtype?. J Surg Oncol. 2020 Apr.121(5):804-813. Pubmedid: 31797380.
- Charruf AZ, Ramos MFKP, Pereira MA, Dias AR, de Castria TB, Zilberstein B, Cecconelo I, Ribeiro U. Impact of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on surgical and pathological results of gastric cancer patients: A case-control study. J Surg Oncol. 2020 Apr.121(5):833-839. Pubmedid: 31943232.
- Victor CR, Fujiki FK, Takeda FR, Hoff PMG, de Castria TB. Safety and Effectiveness of Chemotherapy for Metastatic Esophageal Cancer in a Community Hospital in Brazil. J Glob Oncol. 2019 Jul.5:1-10. Pubmedid: 31365299. Pmcid: PMC6775989.
- Pereira MA, Ramos MFKP, Dias AR, Faraj SF, Ribeiro RRE, de Castria TB, Zilberstein B, Alves VAF, Ribeiro U, de Mello ES. Expression Profile of Markers for Targeted Therapy in Gastric Cancer Patients: HER-2, Microsatellite Instability and PD-L1. Mol Diagn Ther. 2019 Dec.23(6):761-771. Pubmedid: 31595457.
- Mota BS, Riera R, Ricci MD, Barrett J, de Castria TB, Atallah ÁN, Bevilacqua JL. Nipple- and areola-sparing mastectomy for the treatment of breast cancer. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016 Nov.11(11):CD008932. Pubmedid: 27898991. Pmcid: PMC5868722.
- Santos FN, de Castria TB, Cruz MR, Riera R. Chemotherapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer in the elderly population. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015 Oct.2015(10):CD010463. Pubmedid: 26482542. Pmcid: PMC6759539.
- de Castria TB, Rodrigues SR, Diz Mdel P. Late isolated central nervous system relapse from ovarian serous adenocarcinoma: a case report and literature review. Case Rep Obstet Gynecol. 2014 Dec.2014:297307. Pubmedid: 25506007. Pmcid: PMC4251821.
- de Castria TB, da Silva EM, Gois AF, Riera R. Cisplatin versus carboplatin in combination with third-generation drugs for advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013 Aug.(8):CD009256. Pubmedid: 23949842.
Patient CommentsOverall Satisfaction4.8
79 patients rated this provider
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.