Dr. Aixa Soyano is an Assistant Member in the Department of Breast Oncology. Dr. Soyano received her MD degree from Universidad Central de Venezuela/Escuela de Medicina in Venezuela. She completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Steward Saint Elizabeth’s Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Soyano recently completed a Hematology Oncology Fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida. Dr. Soyano is interested in the multidisciplinary care of patients of any age and race with breast cancer of any stage and subtype. Her research interest is in the future of oncology related to personalized medicine.
Education & Training
- Mayo Clinic - Hematology Oncology
- Steward Saint Elizabeth’s Medical Center - Internal Medicine
- Universidad Central de Venezuela - MD
Clinical Trial 21673
A Randomized, Multicenter, Placebo-controlled, Phase 3 study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety ofHER2/neu Peptide GLSI-100 (GP2 + GM-CSF) in HER2/neu Positive Subjects with Residual Disease or High-Risk PCR after both Neoadjuvant and Postoperative Adjuvant Trastuzumab-based Therapy(FLAMINGO-01)
Intervention: GLSI-100 (); Placebo ()
Clinical Trial 22305
First-in-Human Study of STX-478, a Mutant-Selective PI3Ka Inhibitor as Monotherapy and in Combination with Other Antineoplastic Agents in Participants With Advanced Solid Tumors
Intervention: Faslodex (fulvestrant); STX478-101 (); fulvestrant ()
- Soliman H, Hogue D, Han H, Mooney B, Costa R, Lee MC, Niell B, Williams A, Chau A, Falcon S, Soyano A, Armaghani A, Khakpour N, Weinfurtner RJ, Hoover S, Kiluk J, Laronga C, Rosa M, Khong H, Czerniecki B. Author Correction: Oncolytic T-VEC virotherapy plus neoadjuvant chemotherapy in nonmetastatic triple-negative breast cancer: a phase 2 trial. Nat Med. 2023 Mar. Pubmedid: 36932246.
- Goduni L, Ashkenazy N, Hansen E, Soyano-Muller A, Correa ZM, Harbour JW. IRIS METASTASIS FROM BREAST CANCER SUCCESSFULLY TREATED WITH ABEMACICLIB AND LETROZOLE. Retin Cases Brief Rep. 2023 Mar.17(2):123-125. Pubmedid: 34127625. Pmcid: PMC8664892.
- Soliman H, Hogue D, Han H, Mooney B, Costa R, Lee MC, Niell B, Williams A, Chau A, Falcon S, Soyano A, Armaghani A, Khakpour N, Weinfurtner RJ, Hoover S, Kiluk J, Laronga C, Rosa M, Khong H, Czerniecki B. Oncolytic T-VEC virotherapy plus neoadjuvant chemotherapy in nonmetastatic triple-negative breast cancer: a phase 2 trial. Nat Med. 2023 Feb.29(2):450-457. Pubmedid: 36759673.
- Basu A, Albert GK, Awshah S, Datta J, Kodumudi KN, Gallen C, Beyer A, Smalley KSM, Rodriguez PC, Dukett DR, Forsyth PA, Soyano A, Koski GK, Lima Barros Costa R, Han H, Soliman H, Lee MC, Kalinski P, Czerniecki BJ. Identification of Immunogenic MHC Class II Human HER3 Peptides that Mediate Anti-HER3 CD4+ Th1 Responses and Potential Use as a Cancer Vaccine. Cancer Immunol Res. 2022 Jan.10(1):108-125. Pubmedid: 34785506. Pmcid: PMC9414303.
- Mills MN, Potluri TK, Kawahara Y, Fahey M, Figura NB, Soyano AE, Washington IR, Diaz R, Oliver DE, Yu HM, Etame AB, Vogelbaum MA, Czerniecki BJ, Arrington JA, Sahebjam S, Forsyth PA, Soliman HH, Han HS, Ahmed KA. The presentation of brain metastases in melanoma, non-small cell lung cancer, and breast cancer and potential implications for screening brain MRIs. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2022 Jan.191(1):209-217. Pubmedid: 34669082.
- Bari S, Boulware D, Li J, Loftus L, Soyano Muller A, Jameel Z, Khong H, Czerniecki BJ, Costa RLB. A Real-World Data Retrospective Cohort Study of Low Estrogen Receptor-Positive Early Breast Cancer: Natural History and Treatment Outcomes. Breast Cancer (Dove Med Press). 2022 Aug.14:199-210. Pubmedid: 35967746. Pmcid: PMC9365325.
- Mills MN, King W, Soyano A, Pina Y, Czerniecki BJ, Forsyth PA, Soliman H, Han HS, Ahmed KA. Evolving management of HER2+ breast cancer brain metastases and leptomeningeal disease. J Neurooncol. 2022 Apr.157(2):249-269. Pubmedid: 35244835.
- Ahmed KA, Kim Y, Arrington JA, Kim S, DeJesus M, Soyano AE, Armaghani AJ, Costa RLB, Khong HT, Loftus LS, Rosa M, Caudell JJ, Diaz R, Robinson TJ, Etame AB, Tran ND, Sahebjam S, Soliman HH, Czerniecki BJ, Forsyth PA, Yu HM, Han HS. Nivolumab and Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Patients With Breast Cancer Brain Metastases: A Nonrandomized, Open-Label Phase 1b Study. Adv Radiat Oncol. 2021 Sep.6(6):100798. Pubmedid: 34934864. Pmcid: PMC8655428.
- Barakat E, Bibok A, Rishi A, Ahmed A, Frakes JM, Hoffe SE, Armaghani AJ, Soyano AE, Costa RLB, El-Haddad G, Choi J, Kis B. Transarterial Yttrium-90 Glass Microsphere Radioembolization of Chemotherapy-Refractory Breast Cancer Liver Metastases: Results of a Single Institution Retrospective Study. Adv Radiat Oncol. 2021 Oct.7(1):100838. Pubmedid: 35071835. Pmcid: PMC8767250.
- Sun J, Zhong X, Ma J, Sun W, Han HS, Soliman HH, Loftus LS, Costa RLB, Armaghani AJ, Soyano-Muller AE, Czerniecki BJ, Lee MC, Kiluk JV, Khakpour N, Hoover SJ, Laronga C, Khong HT. Real-world benefit of combination palbociclib and endocrine therapy for metastatic breast cancer and correlation with neutropenia. Cancer Med. 2021 Nov.10(21):7665-7672. Pubmedid: 34590788. Pmcid: PMC8559460.
- Mills MN, Thawani C, Figura NB, Oliver DE, Soyano AE, Etame A, Robinson TJ, Liu JK, Vogelbaum MA, Forsyth PA, Czerniecki BJ, Soliman HH, Han HS, Yu HM, Ahmed KA. Breast cancer subtype predicts clinical outcomes after stereotactic radiation for brain metastases. J Neurooncol. 2021 May.152(3):591-601. Pubmedid: 33742358.
- Lou Y, Marin-Acevedo JA, Vishnu P, Manochakian R, Dholaria B, Soyano A, Luo Y, Zhang Y, Knutson KL. Hypereosinophilia in a patient with metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer treated with antiprogrammed cell death 1 (anti-PD-1) therapy. Immunotherapy. 2019 May.11(7):577-584. Pubmedid: 30943864.
- Chumsri S, Serie DJ, Li Z, Pogue-Geile KL, Soyano A, Mashadi-Hossein A, Warren SE, Lou Y, Colon-Otero G, Knutson KL, Perez EA, Moreno-Aspitia A, Thompson EA. Effects of Age and Immune Landscape on Outcome in HER2-Positive Breast Cancer in the NCCTG N9831 (Alliance) and NSABP B-31 (NRG) Trials. Clin Cancer Res. 2019 Jul.25(14):4422-4430. Pubmedid: 30808774. Pmcid: PMC6634998.
- Soyano AE, Baldeo C, Kasi PM. Adjunctive Use of Circulating Tumor DNA Testing in Detecting Pancreas Cancer Recurrence. Front Oncol. 2019 Feb.9:46. Pubmedid: 30788289. Pmcid: PMC6372543.
- Lou Y, Dholaria B, Soyano A, Hodge D, Cochuyt J, Manochakian R, Ko SJ, Thomas M, Johnson MM, Patel NM, Miller RC, Adjei AA, Ailawadhi S. Survival trends among non-small-cell lung cancer patients over a decade: impact of initial therapy at academic centers. Cancer Med. 2018 Oct.7(10):4932-4942. Pubmedid: 30175515. Pmcid: PMC6198232.
- Soyano AE, Dholaria B, Marin-Acevedo JA, Diehl N, Hodge D, Luo Y, Manochakian R, Chumsri S, Adjei A, Knutson KL, Lou Y. Peripheral blood biomarkers correlate with outcomes in advanced non-small cell lung Cancer patients treated with anti-PD-1 antibodies. J Immunother Cancer. 2018 Nov.6(1):129. Pubmedid: 30470260. Pmcid: PMC6251165.
- Dholaria BR, Hammond WA, Roy V, Sher T, Vishnu P, Soyano A, Finn LE, Tun H. Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant for relapsed-refractory, marginal zone lymphoma: a single-center experience. Leuk Lymphoma. 2018 Nov.59(11):2727-2730. Pubmedid: 29566563.
- Marin-Acevedo JA, Dholaria B, Soyano AE, Knutson KL, Chumsri S, Lou Y. Next generation of immune checkpoint therapy in cancer: new developments and challenges. J Hematol Oncol. 2018 Mar.11(1):39. Pubmedid: 29544515. Pmcid: PMC5856308.
- Marin-Acevedo JA, Soyano AE, Dholaria B, Knutson KL, Lou Y. Cancer immunotherapy beyond immune checkpoint inhibitors. J Hematol Oncol. 2018 Jan.11(1):8. Pubmedid: 29329556. Pmcid: PMC5767051.
- Soyano AE, Baldeo C, Kasi PM. BRCA Mutation and Its Association With Colorectal Cancer. Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2018 Dec.17(4):e647-e650. Pubmedid: 30033118.
- Soyano AE, Kassi M, Kasi PM. Neuroendocrine Tumor Involving the Epicardium. Case Rep Oncol. 2017 Dec.10(3):1144-1149. Pubmedid: 29430241. Pmcid: PMC5803682.
- Soyano AE, Reynolds G, Moreno-Aspitia A, Chumsri S. Rifaximin for Pertuzumab-Related GI Toxicities. Front Oncol. 2017 Aug.7:168. Pubmedid: 28848707. Pmcid: PMC5550690.
Patient CommentsOverall Satisfaction5
184 patients rated this provider
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.