Education & Training
- Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
- University of South Florida - Infectious and Tropical Medicine
- University of Alberta - Transplant Infectious Diseases
- University of South Florida - Internal Medicine
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center - Internal Medicine
- University of South Florida - MD
- Rejeski K, Wang Y, Albanyan O, Munoz J, Sesques P, Iacoboni G, Lopez-Corral L, Ries I, Bücklein VL, Mohty R, Dreyling M, Baluch A, Shah B, Locke FL, Hess G, Barba P, Bachy E, Lin Y, Subklewe M, Jain MD. The CAR-HEMATOTOX score identifies patients at high risk for hematological toxicity, infectious complications, and poor treatment outcomes following brexucabtagene autoleucel for relapsed or refractory MCL. Am J Hematol. 2023 Nov.98(11):1699-1710. Pubmedid: 37584447.
- Hill JA, Martens MJ, Young JH, Bhavsar K, Kou J, Chen M, Lee LW, Baluch A, Dhodapkar MV, Nakamura R, Peyton K, Shahid Z, Armistead P, Westervelt P, McCarty J, McGuirk J, Hamadani M, DeWolf S, Hosszu K, Sharon E, Spahn A, Toor AA, Waldvogel S, Greenberger LM, Auletta JJ, Horowitz MM, Riches ML, Perales MA. SARS-CoV-2 vaccination in the first year after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant: a prospective, multicentre, observational study. EClinicalMedicine. 2023 May.59:101983. Pubmedid: 37128256. Pmcid: PMC10133891.
- Boyd FA, O'Leary MF, Benson K, Baluch A. A Case of Fatal Clostridium perfringens Sepsis with Massive Hemolysis in the Setting of a Coincidental Platelet Transfusion. Lab Med. 2023 Jul.54(4):e108-e110. Pubmedid: 36221801.
- De Narvaez E, Lee D, Nlandu Z, Baluch A, Klinkova OV. A Tale of Two Rashes in a Bone Marrow Transplant Patient. Am J Med. 2023 Feb.136(2):147-149. Pubmedid: 36150515.
- Einhorn N, Lamphier I, Klinkova O, Baluch A, Pasikhova Y, Greene J. Intestinal Coccidian Infections in Cancer Patients: A Case Series. Cureus. 2023 Apr.15(4):e38256. Pubmedid: 37252590. Pmcid: PMC10225162.
- Lee D, Jordan AI, Menges MA, Lazaryan A, Nishihori T, Gaballa SR, Shah BD, Pinilla-Ibarz J, Baluch A, Klinkova OV, Chavez JC, Jain MD, Locke FL. Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine Does Not Induce Humoral Response When Administrated Within the Six Months After CD19 CAR T-Cell Therapy. Transplant Cell Ther. 2023 Apr.29(4):277.e1-277.e9. Pubmedid: 35970303.
- Baluch A, Handley G, Ludlow S, Morrison A, Velez A, Rojas MC, Pasikhova Y. Disseminated Toxoplasmosis in an Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Recipient: A Case Report and Review of the Current Literature. Cureus. 2022 Sep.14(9):e29185. Pubmedid: 36259018. Pmcid: PMC9569131.
- Hare H, Tiwari P, Baluch A, Greene J. Infectious Complications of DiGeorge Syndrome in the Setting of Malignancy. Cureus. 2022 Jun.14(6):e26277. Pubmedid: 35898360. Pmcid: PMC9308940.
- Logue JM, Peres LC, Hashmi H, Colin-Leitzinger C, Shrewsbury AM, Hosoya H, Gonzalez R, Copponex C, Kottra KH, Hovanky V, Sahaf B, Patil S, Lazaryan A, Jain MD, Baluch A, Klinkova O, Bejanyan N, Faramand RG, Elmariah H, Khimani F, Davila ML, Mishra A, Blue B, Grajales-Cruz AF, Castaneda Puglianini O, Liu H, Nishihori T, Freeman CL, Brayer J, Shain KH, Baz R, Locke FL, Alsina M, Sidana S, Hansen DK. Early cytopenias and infections after standard of care idecabtagene vicleucel in relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. Blood Adv. 2022 Dec.6(24):6109-6119. Pubmedid: 35939783. Pmcid: PMC9768247.
- Snyder M, Pasikhova Y, Baluch A. Evaluating Initial Empiric Therapy for Neutropenic Fever in Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus-Colonized Patients. Cancer Control. 2021 Jan.28. Pubmedid: 34558349. Pmcid: PMC8477676.
- Logue JM, Zucchetti E, Bachmeier CA, Krivenko GS, Larson V, Ninh D, Grillo G, Cao B, Kim J, Chavez JC, Baluch A, Khimani F, Lazaryan A, Nishihori T, Liu HD, Pinilla-Ibarz J, Shah BD, Faramand R, Coghill AE, Davila ML, Dholaria BR, Jain MD, Locke FL. Immune reconstitution and associated infections following axicabtagene ciloleucel in relapsed or refractory large B-cell lymphoma. Haematologica. 2021 Apr.106(4):978-986. Pubmedid: 32327504. Pmcid: PMC8017820.
- Baluch A, Pasikhova Y, Snyder M. Successful management of Mycobacterium haemophilum lower extremity cutaneous infection in a matched-unrelated donor stem cell transplant recipient. Transpl Infect Dis. 2017 Feb.19(1). Pubmedid: 27775824.
- Snyder M, Pasikhova Y, Baluch A. Early Antimicrobial De-escalation and Stewardship in Adult Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Recipients: Retrospective Review. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2017 Dec.4(4):ofx226. Pubmedid: 29255727. Pmcid: PMC5726466.
- Pasikhova Y, Ludlow S, Baluch A. Fever in Patients With Cancer. Cancer Control. 2017 Apr.24(2):193-197. Pubmedid: 28441374.
- Shannon K, Pasikhova Y, Ibekweh Q, Ludlow S, Baluch A. Nocardiosis following hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Transpl Infect Dis. 2016 Apr.18(2):169-175. Pubmedid: 26809666.
- Egli A, Humar A, Widmer LA, Lisboa LF, Santer DM, Mueller T, Stelling J, Baluch A, O'Shea D, Houghton M, Kumar D. Effect of Immunosuppression on T-Helper 2 and B-Cell Responses to Influenza Vaccination. J Infect Dis. 2015 Jul.212(1):137-146. Pubmedid: 25589334.
- Fernández-Ruiz M, Humar A, Baluch A, Keshwani S, Husain S, Kumar D. Baseline serum interleukin-6 to interleukin-2 ratio is associated with the response to seasonal trivalent influenza vaccine in solid organ transplant recipients. Vaccine. 2015 Dec.33(51):7176-7182. Pubmedid: 26555352.
- Egli A, Santer DM, O'Shea D, Barakat K, Syedbasha M, Vollmer M, Baluch A, Bhat R, Groenendyk J, Joyce MA, Lisboa LF, Thomas BS, Battegay M, Khanna N, Mueller T, Tyrrell DL, Houghton M, Humar A, Kumar D. IL-28B is a key regulator of B- and T-cell vaccine responses against influenza. PLoS Pathog. 2014 Dec.10(12):e1004556. Pubmedid: 25503988. Pmcid: PMC4263767.
- Silva M, Humar A, Shapiro AM, Senior P, Hoschler K, Baluch A, Wilson LE, Kumar D. Humoral immune response following seasonal influenza vaccine in islet transplant recipients. Cell Transplant. 2013 Sep.22(3):469-476. Pubmedid: 23006439.
- Egli A, Silva M, O'Shea D, Wilson LE, Baluch A, Lisboa LF, Hidalgo LG, Kumar D, Humar A. An analysis of regulatory T-cell and Th-17 cell dynamics during cytomegalovirus replication in solid organ transplant recipients. PLoS One. 2013 Mar.7(11):e43937. Pubmedid: 23071829. Pmcid: PMC3469568.
- Alrabaa SF, Nguyen P, Sanderson R, Baluch A, Sandin RL, Kelker D, Karlapalem C, Thompson P, Sams K, Martin S, Montero J, Greene JN. Early identification and control of carbapenemase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae, originating from contaminated endoscopic equipment. Am J Infect Control. 2013 Jun.41(6):562-564. Pubmedid: 23171594.
- Baluch A, Pasikhova Y. Influenza vaccination in oncology patients. Curr Infect Dis Rep. 2013 Dec.15(6):486-490. Pubmedid: 24258350.
- Baluch A, Humar A, Eurich D, Egli A, Liacini A, Hoschler K, Campbell P, Berka N, Urschel S, Wilson L, Kumar D. Randomized controlled trial of high-dose intradermal versus standard-dose intramuscular influenza vaccine in organ transplant recipients. Am J Transplant. 2013 Apr.13(4):1026-1033. Pubmedid: 23406320.
- Baluch A, Humar A, Egli A, Gubbay J, Lisboa L, Wilson L, Kumar D. Long term immune responses to pandemic influenza A/H1N1 infection in solid organ transplant recipients. PLoS One. 2012 Aug.6(12):e28627. Pubmedid: 22194870. Pmcid: PMC3237471.
- Baluch A. State of the Globe: The Rippling Effect of Multidrug-Resistant Gram-negative Infections. J Glob Infect Dis. 7(4):125-126. Pubmedid: 26752866. Pmcid: PMC4693302.
Patient CommentsOverall Satisfaction4.9
22 patients rated this provider
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.