Dr. Ankita Patel is an Assistant Member with Moffitt Medical Group in the Satellite and Community Oncology Department practicing at Tampa General Hospital and Moffitt international Plaza. Dr. Patel received her MBBS degree from Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College in Ahmedabad, India. She completed an internal medicine residency at the University of Illinois College of Medicine. After completing her residency, she was employed at Hospital Physician Services of Central Alabama as a Hospitalist. Dr. Patel most recently completed a Hematology-Oncology Fellowship at the University of New Mexico. Dr. Patel’s clinical and research interests are in benign hematology (anemia, platelet disorders), medical oncology (CNS malignancies, GI malignancies) and malignant hematology (leukemia).
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine - Hematology
- University of New Mexico - Hematology-Oncology
- University of Illinois College of Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad, India - MBBS
- Jordan A, Jain AG, Koipallil GK, Reddy M, Chakkoli S, Midha S, Phuoc V, Eatrides J, Erhardt C, Patel AK, Rico J, Visweshar N, Mhaskar R, Parikh N, Laber D, Jaglal M. Can we lower the platelet threshold of ≥ 50 × 109/L for performing a lumbar puncture safely in patients with hematological malignancies?. Ann Hematol. 2023 Mar.102(3):663-668. Pubmedid: 36534146.
- Visweshwar N, Jaglal M, Patel A, Laber D, Sokol L. Should we integrate viscoelastic assays with standard coagulation screening?. J Clin Pathol. 2021 Mar.74(3):141-143. Pubmedid: 33436484.
- Logothetis CN, Patel A, Eatrides J, Jaglal M, Haider M, Visweshwar N, Laber DA. Post Approval Experience with Caplacizumab for Acquired Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura at a Single Institution. J Clin Med. 2021 Jul.10(15). Pubmedid: 34362201. Pmcid: PMC8347784.
- Pedapudi A, Stewart J, Patel A. A Case of Quinacrine-induced Psychosis: Case Report. Curr Drug Saf. 2021 Dec.16(3):290-292. Pubmedid: 33019939.
- Laber DA, Eatrides J, Jaglal MV, Haider M, Visweshwar N, Patel A. A phase I/II study of docetaxel in combination with pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. Med Oncol. 2020 Sep.37(10):95. Pubmedid: 32979106.
- Desai R, Koipallil GK, Thomas N, Mhaskar R, Visweshwar N, Laber D, Patel A, Jaglal M. Efficacy and safety of direct oral anticoagulants for secondary prevention of cancer associated thrombosis: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Sci Rep. 2020 Nov.10(1):18945. Pubmedid: 33144679. Pmcid: PMC7642281.
- Iannuzzi GL, Patel AA, Stewart JT. Aripiprazole and Delusional Disorder. J Psychiatr Pract. 2019 Mar.25(2):132-134. Pubmedid: 30849061.
- Laber DA, Chen MB, Jaglal M, Patel A, Visweshwar N. Phase 2 Study of Cyclophosphamide, Etoposide, and Estramustine in Patients With Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2018 Dec.16(6):473-481. Pubmedid: 30072309.
- Rosenfeld JA, Patel A. Chromosomal Microarrays: Understanding Genetics of Neurodevelopmental Disorders and Congenital Anomalies. J Pediatr Genet. 2017 Mar.6(1):42-50. Pubmedid: 28180026. Pmcid: PMC5288005.
- Sandoval-Sus JD, Mogollon-Duffo F, Patel A, Visweshwar N, Laber DA, Kim R, Jaglal MV. Nivolumab as salvage treatment in a patient with HIV-related relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma and liver failure with encephalopathy. J Immunother Cancer. 2017 Jun.5:49. Pubmedid: 28642818. Pmcid: PMC5477132.
- Gu S, Szafranski P, Akdemir ZC, Yuan B, Cooper ML, Magriñá MA, Bacino CA, Lalani SR, Breman AM, Smith JL, Patel A, Song RH, Bi W, Cheung SW, Carvalho CM, Stankiewicz P, Lupski JR. Mechanisms for Complex Chromosomal Insertions. PLoS Genet. 2016 Nov.12(11):e1006446. Pubmedid: 27880765. Pmcid: PMC5120786.
- Bostwick B, Fang P, Patel A, Sutton VR. Phenotypic and molecular characterization of focal dermal hypoplasia in 18 individuals. Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet. 2016 Mar.172C(1):9-20. Pubmedid: 26853229.
- Posey JE, Mohrbacher N, Smith JL, Patel A, Potocki L, Breman AM. Triploidy mosaicism (45,X/68,XX) in an infant presenting with failure to thrive. Am J Med Genet A. 2016 Mar.170(3):694-698. Pubmedid: 26566716. Pmcid: PMC4760878.
- El-Hattab AW, Schaaf CP, Fang P, Roeder E, Kimonis VE, Church JA, Patel A, Cheung SW. Clinical characterization of int22h1/int22h2-mediated Xq28 duplication/deletion: new cases and literature review. BMC Med Genet. 2015 Mar.16:12. Pubmedid: 25927380. Pmcid: PMC4422130.
- Gu S, Yuan B, Campbell IM, Beck CR, Carvalho CM, Nagamani SC, Erez A, Patel A, Bacino CA, Shaw CA, Stankiewicz P, Cheung SW, Bi W, Lupski JR. Alu-mediated diverse and complex pathogenic copy-number variants within human chromosome 17 at p13.3. Hum Mol Genet. 2015 Jul.24(14):4061-4077. Pubmedid: 25908615. Pmcid: PMC4476451.
- Cheung SW, Patel A, Leung TY. Accurate description of DNA-based noninvasive prenatal screening. N Engl J Med. 2015 Apr.372(17):1675-1677. Pubmedid: 25830325.
Patient CommentsOverall Satisfaction4.8
96 patients rated this provider
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.