Dr. Vosoughi obtained his MD degree from Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences in Tehran, Iran and completed a Pathology Residency at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. He then completed a Genitourinary Pathology Fellowship and Precision Medicine Research Fellowship at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York. Most recently, he completed a Cytopathology Fellowship at Yale School of Medicine. Dr. Vosoughi’s clinical interests include genitourinary pathology and cytopathology. He has an interest in translational research and applying precision medicine in the study of genitourinary malignancies, including bladder and prostate tumors, and cytopathology.
Education & Training
- Yale School of Medicine - Cytopathology
- Weill Cornell Medical College - Clinical Genitourinary Pathology
- Englander Institute for Precision Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College - Precision Medicine
- University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital - Pathology
- Shahid Betheshti University, Tehran, Iran - MD
- Davaro F, Davaro E, Rose K, Murthy P, Naidu S, Camperlengo L, Grass GD, Vosoughi A, Jain RK, Zemp L, Yu A, Poch MA, Spiess PE, Gilbert SM, Sexton WJ, Li R. Impact of surgical margin and extent of lymphadenectomy on oncologic outcomes in plasmacytoid urothelial carcinoma. Urol Oncol. 2023 Sep.41(9):389.e7-389.e13. Pubmedid: 36959058.
- Li R, Naidu S, Fan W, Rose K, Huelster H, Grass GD, Vosoughi A, Dhillon J, Kim Y, Gupta S, Jain RK, Zhang J, Zemp L, Yu A, Poch MA, Spiess PE, Pow-Sang J, Gilbert SM, Sexton WJ. Effectiveness of perioperative chemotherapy and radical cystectomy in treating bladder cancer. Urol Oncol. 2023 Oct. Pubmedid: 37880002.
- Huelster HL, Gould B, Schiftan EA, Camperlengo L, Davaro F, Rose KM, Soupir AC, Jia S, Zheng T, Sexton WJ, Pow-Sang J, Spiess PE, Daniel Grass G, Wang L, Wang X, Vosoughi A, Necchi A, Meeks JJ, Faltas BM, Du P, Li R. Novel Use of Circulating Tumor DNA to Identify Muscle-invasive and Non-organ-confined Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma. Eur Urol. 2023 Oct. Pubmedid: 37802683.
- Murthy PB, Naidu S, Davaro F, Spiess PE, Zemp L, Poch M, Jain R, Vosoughi A, Grass GD, Yu A, Sexton WJ, Gilbert SM, Li R. Survival Benefits of Adjuvant Chemotherapy for Positive Soft Tissue Surgical Margins Following Radical Cystectomy in Bladder Cancer with Extravesical Extension. Curr Oncol. 2023 Mar.30(3):3223-3231. Pubmedid: 36975458. Pmcid: PMC10046994.
- Rose KM, Huelster HL, Meeks JJ, Faltas BM, Sonpavde GP, Lerner SP, Ross JS, Spiess PE, Grass GD, Jain RK, Kamat AM, Vosoughi A, Wang L, Wang X, Li R. Author Correction: Circulating and urinary tumour DNA in urothelial carcinoma - upper tract, lower tract and metastatic disease. Nat Rev Urol. 2023 Jul.20(7):452. Pubmedid: 37217696.
- Rose KM, Huelster HL, Meeks JJ, Faltas BM, Sonpavde GP, Lerner SP, Ross JS, Spiess PE, Grass GD, Jain RK, Kamat AM, Vosoughi A, Wang L, Wang X, Li R. Circulating and urinary tumour DNA in urothelial carcinoma - upper tract, lower tract and metastatic disease. Nat Rev Urol. 2023 Jul.20(7):406-419. Pubmedid: 36977797.
- Van Emmenis L, Ku SY, Gayvert K, Branch JR, Brady NJ, Basu S, Russell M, Cyrta J, Vosoughi A, Sailer V, Alnajar H, Dardenne E, Koumis E, Puca L, Robinson BD, Feldkamp MD, Winkis A, Majewski N, Rupnow B, Gottardis MM, Elemento O, Rubin MA, Beltran H, Rickman DS. The Identification of CELSR3 and Other Potential Cell Surface Targets in Neuroendocrine Prostate Cancer. Cancer Res Commun. 2023 Aug.3(8):1447-1459. Pubmedid: 37546702. Pmcid: PMC10401480.
- Marji N, Dhillon J, Lauwers GY, Feuerlein S, Nikfar R, Chatwal M, Vosoughi A. Colonic Adenocarcinoma with Plasmacytoid Feature: Histopathology and Molecular Characteristics of a Rare Neoplasm with an Unusual Presentation. Case Rep Pathol. 2022 Feb.2022:2640456. Pubmedid: 35178262. Pmcid: PMC8847023.
- Zhang Y, Kumar P, Adashek JJ, Skelton WP, Li J, Vosoughi A, Chahoud J, Manley BJ, Spiess PE. Adding Cyclooxygenase Inhibitors to Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Did Not Improve Outcomes in Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma. Cells. 2022 Aug.11(16). Pubmedid: 36010582. Pmcid: PMC9406439.
- Vosoughi A, Ordobazari A, Lora Gonzalez MA, Guido LP, Skiba M, Campuzano-Zuluaga G, Kryvenko ON, Gomez-Fernandez C, Garcia-Buitrago M, Jorda M. The Paris System "atypical urothelial cells" category: can the current criteria be improved?. J Am Soc Cytopathol. 2021 Jan.10(1):3-8. Pubmedid: 32732113.
- Vosoughi A, Zhang T, Shohdy KS, Vlachostergios PJ, Wilkes DC, Bhinder B, Tagawa ST, Nanus DM, Molina AM, Beltran H, Sternberg CN, Motanagh S, Robinson BD, Xiang J, Fan X, Chung WK, Rubin MA, Elemento O, Sboner A, Mosquera JM, Faltas BM. Common germline-somatic variant interactions in advanced urothelial cancer. Nat Commun. 2020 Dec.11(1):6195. Pubmedid: 33273457. Pmcid: PMC7713129.
- Harigopal M, Kowalski D, Vosoughi A. Enumeration and molecular characterization of circulating tumor cells as an innovative tool for companion diagnostics in breast cancer. Expert Rev Mol Diagn. 2020 Aug.20(8):815-828. Pubmedid: 32546017.
- Liu D, Shoag JE, Poliak D, Goueli RS, Ravikumar V, Redmond D, Vosoughi A, Fontugne J, Pan H, Lee D, Thomas D, Salari K, Wang Z, Romanel A, Te A, Lee R, Chughtai B, Olumi AF, Mosquera JM, Demichelis F, Elemento O, Rubin MA, Sboner A, Barbieri CE. Integrative multiplatform molecular profiling of benign prostatic hyperplasia identifies distinct subtypes. Nat Commun. 2020 Apr.11(1):1987. Pubmedid: 32332823. Pmcid: PMC7181734.
- Puca L, Gavyert K, Sailer V, Conteduca V, Dardenne E, Sigouros M, Isse K, Kearney M, Vosoughi A, Fernandez L, Pan H, Motanagh S, Hess J, Donoghue AJ, Sboner A, Wang Y, Dittamore R, Rickman D, Nanus DM, Tagawa ST, Elemento O, Mosquera JM, Saunders L, Beltran H. Delta-like protein 3 expression and therapeutic targeting in neuroendocrine prostate cancer. Sci Transl Med. 2019 Mar.11(484). Pubmedid: 30894499. Pmcid: PMC6525633.
- Elfandy H, Armenia J, Pederzoli F, Pullman E, Pertega-Gomes N, Schultz N, Viswanathan K, Vosoughi A, Blattner M, Stopsack KH, Zadra G, Penney KL, Mosquera JM, Tyekucheva S, Mucci LA, Barbieri C, Loda M. Genetic and Epigenetic Determinants of Aggressiveness in Cribriform Carcinoma of the Prostate. Mol Cancer Res. 2019 Feb.17(2):446-456. Pubmedid: 30333152. Pmcid: PMC6359952.
- Guo H, Ci X, Ahmed M, Hua JT, Soares F, Lin D, Puca L, Vosoughi A, Xue H, Li E, Su P, Chen S, Nguyen T, Liang Y, Zhang Y, Xu X, Xu J, Sheahan AV, Ba-Alawi W, Zhang S, Mahamud O, Vellanki RN, Gleave M, Bristow RG, Haibe-Kains B, Poirier JT, Rudin CM, Tsao MS, Wouters BG, Fazli L, Feng FY, Ellis L, van der Kwast T, Berlin A, Koritzinsky M, Boutros PC, Zoubeidi A, Beltran H, Wang Y, He HH. ONECUT2 is a driver of neuroendocrine prostate cancer. Nat Commun. 2019 01.10(1):278. Pubmedid: 30655535. Pmcid: PMC6336817.
- Puca L, Bareja R, Prandi D, Shaw R, Benelli M, Karthaus WR, Hess J, Sigouros M, Donoghue A, Kossai M, Gao D, Cyrta J, Sailer V, Vosoughi A, Pauli C, Churakova Y, Cheung C, Deonarine LD, McNary TJ, Rosati R, Tagawa ST, Nanus DM, Mosquera JM, Sawyers CL, Chen Y, Inghirami G, Rao RA, Grandori C, Elemento O, Sboner A, Demichelis F, Rubin MA, Beltran H. Patient derived organoids to model rare prostate cancer phenotypes. Nat Commun. 2018 Jun.9(1):2404. Pubmedid: 29921838. Pmcid: PMC6008438.
- Vosoughi A, Smith PT, Zeitouni JA, Sodeman MSc GM, Jorda M, Gomez-Fernandez C, Garcia-Buitrago M, Ordobazari A, Petito CK, Chapman JR, Campuzano-Zuluaga G, Rosenberg AE, Kryvenko ON. Frozen section evaluation via dynamic real-time nonrobotic telepathology system in a university cancer center by resident/faculty cooperation team. Hum Pathol. 2018 Aug.78:144-150. Pubmedid: 29723604.
- Oleksyn D, Zhao J, Vosoughi A, Zhao JC, Misra R, Pentland AP, Ryan D, Anolik J, Ritchlin C, Looney J, Anandarajah AP, Schwartz G, Calvi LM, Georger M, Mohan C, Sanz I, Chen L. PKK deficiency in B cells prevents lupus development in Sle lupus mice. Immunol Lett. 2017 May.185:1-11. Pubmedid: 28274793. Pmcid: PMC5937930.
- Margolesky J, Tornes L, Vosoughi A. Transverse myelitis presenting in a patient with Hughes-Stovin syndrome. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2015 May.4(3):281-283. Pubmedid: 26008946.
- Daftarian PM, Stone GW, Kovalski L, Kumar M, Vosoughi A, Urbieta M, Blackwelder P, Dikici E, Serafini P, Duffort S, Boodoo R, Rodríguez-Cortés A, Lemmon V, Deo S, Alberola J, Perez VL, Daunert S, Ager AL. A targeted and adjuvanted nanocarrier lowers the effective dose of liposomal amphotericin B and enhances adaptive immunity in murine cutaneous leishmaniasis. J Infect Dis. 2013 Dec.208(11):1914-1922. Pubmedid: 23901083. Pmcid: PMC3814840.
- Oleksyn D, Pulvino M, Zhao J, Misra R, Vosoughi A, Jenks S, Tipton C, Lund F, Schwartz G, Goldman B, Mohan C, Mehta K, Mehta M, Leitgets M, Sanz I, Chen L. Protein kinase Cβ is required for lupus development in Sle mice. Arthritis Rheum. 2013 Apr.65(4):1022-1031. Pubmedid: 23280626. Pmcid: PMC3762702.
Patient CommentsOverall Satisfaction0
0 patients rated this provider
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.