Dr. Daryoush Saeed-Vafa is a Clinical Instructor in the Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Anatomic Pathology. Dr. Saeed-Vafa earned his MD degree from Temple University School of Medicine. He completed an Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency in the Department of Pathology at Temple University Hospital. Following residency, Dr. Saeed-Vafa completed an Anatomic Fellowship in Surgical Pathology at the University of California, San Diego; a Digital Pathology Fellowship in the Department of Cancer Imaging and Metabolism and the Department of Pathology at Moffitt Cancer Center; an Oncologic Molecular Pathology Fellowship in the Department of Anatomic Pathology at Moffitt Cancer Center; and a Personalized Medicine Fellowship, DeBartolo Family Personalized Medicine Institute at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Saeed-Vafa’s clinical interests are in molecular and digital pathology, focusing on the Moffitt STAR panel for solid tumors. His research interests reside in digital image analysis and deep learning, specifically leveraging deep learning to automate pathology.
Education & Training
- University of California - Surgical Pathology
- Moffitt Cancer Center - Digital Pathology
- Moffitt Cancer Center - Oncologic Molecular Pathology
- Moffitt Cancer Center - Personalized Medicine
- Temple University Hospital - Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- Temple University School of Medicine - MD
- Hathaway CA, Townsend MK, Conejo-Garcia JR, Fridley BL, Moran Segura C, Nguyen JV, Armaiz-Pena GN, Sasamoto N, Saeed-Vafa D, Terry KL, Kubzansky LD, Tworoger SS. The relationship of lifetime history of depression on the ovarian tumor immune microenvironment. Brain Behav Immun. 2023 Nov.114:52-60. Pubmedid: 37557966. Pmcid: PMC10592154.
- Hathaway CA, Conejo-Garcia JR, Fridley BL, Rosner B, Saeed-Vafa D, Moran Segura C, Nguyen JV, Hecht JL, Sasamoto N, Terry KL, Tworoger SS, Townsend MK. Measurement of Ovarian Tumor Immune Profiles by Multiplex Immunohistochemistry: Implications for Epidemiologic Studies. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2023 Jun.32(6):848-853. Pubmedid: 36940177. Pmcid: PMC10239319.
- Hathaway CA, Wang T, Townsend MK, Vinci C, Jake-Schoffman DE, Saeed-Vafa D, Moran Segura C, Nguyen JV, Conejo-Garcia JR, Fridley BL, Tworoger SS. Lifetime Exposure to Cigarette Smoke and Risk of Ovarian Cancer by T-cell Tumor Immune Infiltration. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2023 Jan.32(1):66-73. Pubmedid: 36318652. Pmcid: PMC9839509.
- Chakiryan NH, Kim Y, Berglund A, Chang A, Kimmel GJ, Hajiran A, Nguyen J, Moran-Segura C, Saeed-Vafa D, Katende EN, Lopez-Blanco N, Chahoud J, Rappold P, Spiess PE, Fournier M, Jeong D, Wang L, Teer JK, Dhillon J, Kuo F, Hakimi AA, Altrock PM, Mulé JJ, Manley BJ. Geospatial characterization of immune cell distributions and dynamics across the microenvironment in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. J Immunother Cancer. 2023 Apr.11(4). Pubmedid: 37185232. Pmcid: PMC10151991.
- Magliocco AM, Moughan J, Miyamoto DT, Simko J, Shipley WU, Gray PJ, Hagan MP, Parliament M, Tester WJ, Zietman AL, McCarthy S, Saeed-Vafa D, Xiong Y, Ayral T, Hartford AC, Patel A, Rosenthal SA, Chafe S, Greenberg R, Schwartz MA, Augspurger ME, Keech JA, Winter KA, Feng FY, Efstathiou JA. Analysis of MRE11 and Mortality Among Adults With Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer Managed With Trimodality Therapy. JAMA Netw Open. 2022 Nov.5(11):e2242378. Pubmedid: 36383379. Pmcid: PMC9669810.
- Hernandez-Prera JC, Saeed-Vafa D, Heidarian A, Gewandter K, Otto K, Wenig BM. Sclerosing Polycystic Adenoma: Conclusive Clinical and Molecular Evidence of Its Neoplastic Nature. Head Neck Pathol. 2022 Jun.16(2):416-426. Pubmedid: 34410594. Pmcid: PMC9187789.
- Saeed-Vafa D, Marchion DC, McCarthy SM, Hakam A, Lopez A, Wenham RM, Apte SM, Chen DT, Magliocco AM, Lancaster JM, Reid BM, Permuth JB. Utilizing digital pathology to quantify stromal caveolin-1 expression in malignant and benign ovarian tumors: Associations with clinicopathological parameters and clinical outcomes. PLoS One. 2021 Nov.16(11):e0256615. Pubmedid: 34813586. Pmcid: PMC8610269.
- Boyle TA, Mondal AK, Saeed-Vafa D, Ananth S, Ahluwalia P, Kothapalli R, Chaubey A, Roberts E, Qin D, Magliocco AM, Rojiani AM, Kolhe R. Guideline-Adherent Clinical Validation of a Comprehensive 170-Gene DNA/RNA Panel for Determination of Small Variants, Copy Number Variations, Splice Variants, and Fusions on a Next-Generation Sequencing Platform in the CLIA Setting. Front Genet. 2021 May.12:503830. Pubmedid: 34093633. Pmcid: PMC8172991.
- Fusco MJ, Saeed-Vafa D, Carballido EM, Boyle TA, Malafa M, Blue KL, Teer JK, Walko CM, McLeod HL, Hicks JK, Extermann M, Fleming JB, Knepper TC, Kim DW. Identification of Targetable Gene Fusions and Structural Rearrangements to Foster Precision Medicine in KRAS Wild-Type Pancreatic Cancer. JCO Precis Oncol. 2021 Jan.5. Pubmedid: 34250383. Pmcid: PMC8232071.
- Cory P, Qiong G, Yun G, Liron P, Evita HJ, Daryoush SV, Nancy M, Daniel P, Nazeel A, Atif A, Marilyn B. Sclerosing epithelioid fibrosarcoma: cytologic characterization with histologic, immunohistologic, molecular, and clinical correlation of 8 cases. J Am Soc Cytopathol. 2020 Nov.9(6):513-519. Pubmedid: 32624384.
- Boac BM, Abbasi F, Ismail-Khan R, Xiong Y, Siddique A, Park H, Han M, Saeed-Vafa D, Soliman H, Henry B, Pena MJ, McClung EC, Robertson SE, Todd SL, Lopez A, Sun W, Apuri S, Lancaster JM, Berglund AE, Magliocco AM, Marchion DC. Expression of the BAD pathway is a marker of triple-negative status and poor outcome. Sci Rep. 2019 Nov.9(1):17496. Pubmedid: 31767884. Pmcid: PMC6877530.
- Saglam O, Xiong Y, Marchion DC, Strosberg C, Wenham RM, Johnson JJ, Saeed-Vafa D, Cubitt C, Hakam A, Magliocco AM. ERBB4 Expression in Ovarian Serous Carcinoma Resistant to Platinum-Based Therapy. Cancer Control. 2017 Jan.24(1):89-95. Pubmedid: 28178720. Pmcid: PMC7771303.
- Saeed-Vafa D, Magliocco AM. Practical Applications of Digital Pathology. Cancer Control. 2015 Apr.22(2):137-141. Pubmedid: 26068757.
- Saeed-Vafa D, Huang Y, Manucha V. Should cervical cancer screening begin at age 21 for everyone? A quantitative analysis in a high-risk, low-income, African American/Hispanic young-adult population. Diagn Cytopathol. 2014 Mar.42(3):205-212. Pubmedid: 23897742.
- Saeed-Vafa D, Myers E, Huang Y, Ferriss JS, Manucha V. Localized cavernous hemangioma of the uterus involving adenomyotic foci. J Cancer Res Ther. 2010 Dec.7(1):69-71. Pubmedid: 21546746.
- Bhavsar T, Saeed-Vafa D, Harbison S, Inniss S. Retroperitoneal cystic lymphangioma in an adult: A case report and review of the literature. World J Gastrointest Pathophysiol. 2010 Dec.1(5):171-176. Pubmedid: 21607159. Pmcid: PMC3097960.
Patient CommentsOverall Satisfaction0
0 patients rated this provider
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.