Dr. Harshna Vadvala is as an Assistant Member in the Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology. Dr. Vadvala received her MD degree from B.J. Medical College, Gujarat University, Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad, India. She completed a Radiology Residency at Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute, India. Dr. Vadvala completed a Research Fellowship in the Cardiac MR PET CT program, a Clinical Fellowship in Cardiovascular Imaging, and a Clinical Fellowship in Abdominal Imaging and Interventional Radiology at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard University, Boston. Dr. Vadvala joins us from Johns Hopkins University, where she was appointed as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiology. Dr. Vadvala’s clinical interest is body imaging, with special expertise in abdominal imaging. Her research interest is multimodality imaging of gastrointestinal, hepatopancreatobiliary and gynecological cancers
- Vadvala HV, Fishman EK. Bilateral Persistent Sciatic Arteries. Radiology. 2023 Mar.306(3):e221563. Pubmedid: 36318028.
- Sedaghat F, Vadvala HV, Shan A, McMahon MT, Gawande RS. Incidence of Contrast-Associated Acute Kidney Injury in Renal-Competent COVID-19 Patients Undergoing Computed Chest Angiography. J Comput Assist Tomo. 2022 Sep.46(5):701-706. Pubmedid: 35675687. Pmcid: PMC9474721.
- Huang P, Illei PB, Franklin W, Wu PH, Forde PM, Ashrafinia S, Hu C, Khan H, Vadvala HV, Shih IM, Battafarano RJ, Jacobs MA, Kong X, Lewis J, Yan R, Chen Y, Housseau F, Rahmim A, Fishman EK, Ettinger DS, Pienta KJ, Wirtz D, Brock MV, Lam S, Gabrielson E. Lung Cancer Recurrence Risk Prediction through Integrated Deep Learning Evaluation. Cancers (Basel). 2022 Aug.14(17). Pubmedid: 36077686. Pmcid: PMC9454871.
- Ghasemi-Rad M, Vadvala HV, Lincoln CM, Irani Z. Embolization of Large Internal Iliac Artery Pseudoaneurysm through a Retrograde Trans-Superior Gluteal Arterial Access. Tomography. 2022 Aug.8(5):2107-2112. Pubmedid: 36136873. Pmcid: PMC9498860.
- Lee EE, Gong AJ, Gawande RS, Fishman EK, Vadvala HV. Vascular findings in CTA body and extremity of critically ill COVID-19 patients: commonly encountered vascular complications with review of literature. Emerg Radiol. 2022 Apr.29(2):263-279. Pubmedid: 35064373. Pmcid: PMC8782694.
- Gawande RS, Vadvala HV, Shan A, Sheth S. Ultrasound Studies of COVID-19-Positive Patients and Patient Under Investigation: Pandemic Experience of Body Imaging Division at a Tertiary Medical Center. Ultrasound Q. 2021 Sep.37(3):254-260. Pubmedid: 34478424.
- Vadvala HV, Shan A, Fishman EK, Gawande RS. CT angiography of abdomen and pelvis in critically ill COVID-19 patients: imaging findings and correlation with the CT chest score. Abdom Radiol (NY). 2021 Jul.46(7):3490-3500. Pubmedid: 34115186. Pmcid: PMC8193959.
- Gupta AP, Kawamoto S, Javed AA, Weiss MJ, Wolfgang CL, He J, Fishman EK, Vadvala HV. Perioperative CT angiography assessment of locally advanced distal pancreatic carcinoma to evaluate feasibility of the modified Appleby procedure. Eur J Radiol. 2020 Oct.131:109248. Pubmedid: 32919264.
- Staziaki PV, Vadvala HV, Furtado VF, Daye D, Arellano RS, Uppot RN. Early trends and predictors of renal function following computed tomography-guided percutaneous cryoablation of a renal mass in patients with and without prior renal impairment. Radiol Bras. 2020 May.53(3):141-147. Pubmedid: 32587420. Pmcid: PMC7302900.
- Polotsky M, Vadvala HV, Fishman EK, Johnson PT. Duodenal emergencies: utility of multidetector CT with 2D multiplanar reconstructions for challenging but critical diagnoses. Emerg Radiol. 2020 Apr.27(2):195-203. Pubmedid: 31836955.
- Vadvala HV, Furtado VF, Kambadakone A, Frenk NE, Mueller PR, Arellano RS. Image-Guided Percutaneous Omental and Mesenteric Biopsy: Assessment of Technical Success Rate and Diagnostic Yield. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2017 Nov.28(11):1569-1576. Pubmedid: 28916344.
- Frenk NE, Spring L, Muzikansky A, Vadvala HV, Gurski JM, Henderson LE, Mino-Kenudson M, Ly A, Bardia A, Finkelstein D, Engelman J, Mueller PR, Juric D, Weissleder R. High-Content Biopsies Facilitate Molecular Analyses and Do Not Increase Complication Rates in Patients With Advanced Solid Tumors. JCO Precis Oncol. 2017 Nov.1:1-9. Pubmedid: 35172508.
- Ghoshhajra BB, Takx RAP, Staziaki PV, Vadvala H, Kim P, Neilan TG, Meyersohn NM, Bittner D, Janjua SA, Mayrhofer T, Greenwald JL, Truong QA, Abbara S, Brown DFM, Januzzi JL, Francis S, Nagurney JT, Hoffmann U. Clinical implementation of an emergency department coronary computed tomographic angiography protocol for triage of patients with suspected acute coronary syndrome. Eur Radiol. 2017 Jul.27(7):2784-2793. Pubmedid: 27885414. Pmcid: PMC5976244.
- Staziaki PV, Kim P, Vadvala HV, Ghoshhajra BB. Medical Registry Data Collection Efficiency: A Crossover Study Comparing Web-Based Electronic Data Capture and a Standard Spreadsheet. J Med Internet Res. 2016 Jun.18(6):e141. Pubmedid: 27277523. Pmcid: PMC4917733.
- Vadvala HV, Sayegh K, Moy M, Staziaki PV, Ghoshhajra BB. Salvage of diagnostic quality of image acquired by low-radiation-dose prospectively ECG-triggered coronary CTA during ventricular trigeminy: A case report of a novel image processing method. HeartRhythm Case Rep. 2016 Jan.2(1):20-23. Pubmedid: 28491624. Pmcid: PMC5412625.
- Celeng C, Vadvala H, Puchner S, Pursnani A, Sharma U, Kovacs A, Maurovich-Horvat P, Hoffmann U, Ghoshhajra B. Defining the optimal systolic phase targets using absolute delay time for reconstructions in dual-source coronary CT angiography. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016 Jan.32(1):91-100. Pubmedid: 26335369. Pmcid: PMC5943709.
- Khalilzadeh O, Rahimian M, Batchu V, Vadvala HV, Novelline RA, Choy G. Effectiveness of second-opinion radiology consultations to reassess the cervical spine CT scans: a study on trauma patients referred to a tertiary-care hospital. Diagn Interv Radiol. 2015 Sep.21(5):423-427. Pubmedid: 26200483. Pmcid: PMC4557328.
- Vadvala H, Engel LC, Ghoshhajra BB. Letter to the Editor Regarding "Ruling Out Coronary Artery Disease in Women with Atypical Chest Pain: Results of Calcium Score Combined with Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography, and Associated Radiation Exposure". J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2015 Dec.24(12):1050. Pubmedid: 26506133.
- Vadvala H, Kim P, Mayrhofer T, Pianykh O, Kalra M, Hoffmann U, Ghoshhajra B. Coronary CTA using scout-based automated tube potential and current selection algorithm, with breast displacement results in lower radiation exposure in females compared to males. Cardiovasc Diagn Ther. 2014 Dec.4(6):470-479. Pubmedid: 25610804. Pmcid: PMC4278037.
- Soni HC, Marda S, Goswami KG, Vadvala H, Parekh K, Parikh K, Vadodaria H. Transitional cell carcinoma in urachal cyst. Abdom Imaging. 2010 Dec.35(6):764-766. Pubmedid: 19760449.
Patient CommentsOverall Satisfaction0
0 patients rated this provider
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.