Education & Training
- University of Arizona School of Medicine - Translational Science Body MRI
- Emory University School of Medicine - Radiology
- Emory University School of Medicine - MD
Clinical Trial 20788
An Advanced MRI Abdomen Protocol to Evaluate Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma in Surgically Resectable and Borderline Resectable Disease for Loco-Regional Heterogeneity and To Evaluate Treatment Response Status Post Surgery and MRI-GRT
Condition: Gastrointestinal Tumor
- Arias-Lorza AM, Costello JR, Hingorani SR, Von Hoff DD, Korn RL, Raghunand N. Tumor Response to Stroma-Modifying Therapy: Magnetic Resonance Imaging Findings in Early-Phase Clinical Trials of Pegvorhyaluronidase alpha (PEGPH20). Res Sq. 2023 Sep. Pubmedid: 37720027. Pmcid: PMC10503830.
- Fraum TJ, Ma J, Jhaveri K, Nepal P, Lall C, Costello J, Harisinghani M. The optimized rectal cancer MRI protocol: choosing the right sequences, sequence parameters, and preparatory strategies. Abdom Radiol (NY). 2023 Sep.48(9):2771-2791. Pubmedid: 36899281.
- Ravi H, Arias-Lorza AM, Costello JR, Han HS, Jeong DK, Klinz SG, Sachdev JC, Korn RL, Raghunand N. Pretherapy Ferumoxytol-enhanced MRI to Predict Response to Liposomal Irinotecan in Metastatic Breast Cancer. Radiol Imaging Cancer. 2023 Mar.5(2):e220022. Pubmedid: 36734848. Pmcid: PMC10077095.
- Laajala TD, Sreekanth V, Soupir A, Creed J, Calboli FC, Singaravelu K, Orman M, Colin-Leitzinger C, Gerke T, Fridley BL, Tyekucheva S, Costello JC. curatedPCaData: Integration of clinical, genomic, and signature features in a curated and harmonized prostate cancer data resource. bioRxiv. 2023 Jan. Pubmedid: 36711769. Pmcid: PMC9882125.
- Felder SI, Feuerlein S, Parsee A, Imanirad I, Sanchez J, Dessureault S, Kim R, Hoffe S, Frakes J, Costello J. Endoscopic and MRI response evaluation following neoadjuvant treatment for rectal cancer: a pictorial review with matched MRI, endoscopic, and pathologic examples. Abdom Radiol (NY). 2021 May.46(5):1783-1804. Pubmedid: 33111189.
- Tomaszewski MR, Dominguez-Viqueira W, Ortiz A, Shi Y, Costello JR, Enderling H, Rosenberg SA, Gillies RJ. Heterogeneity analysis of MRI T2 maps for measurement of early tumor response to radiotherapy. Nmr Biomed. 2021 Mar.34(3):e4454. Pubmedid: 33325086.
- Jillson LK, Yette GA, Laajala TD, Tilley WD, Costello JC, Cramer SD. Androgen Receptor Signaling in Prostate Cancer Genomic Subtypes. Cancers (Basel). 2021 Jun.13(13). Pubmedid: 34208794. Pmcid: PMC8269091.
- Kingsley JL, Costello JR, Raghunand N, Rejniak KA. Bridging cell-scale simulations and radiologic images to explain short-time intratumoral oxygen fluctuations. PLoS Comput Biol. 2021 Jul.17(7):e1009206. Pubmedid: 34310608. Pmcid: PMC8341701.
- Czeyda-Pommersheim F, Martin DR, Costello JR, Kalb B. Contrast Agents for MR Imaging. Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am. 2017 Nov.25(4):705-711. Pubmedid: 28964460.
- Czeyda-Pommersheim F, Kalb B, Costello J, Liau J, Meshksar A, Arif Tiwari H, Martin D. MRI in pelvic inflammatory disease: a pictorial review. Abdom Radiol (NY). 2017 03.42(3):935-950. Pubmedid: 27933478.
- Petkovska I, Duke E, Martin DR, Irani Z, Geffre CP, Cragun JM, Costello JR, Arif-Tiwari H, Czeyda-Pommersheim F, Udayasankar U, Kalb B. MRI of ovarian torsion: Correlation of imaging features with the presence of perifollicular hemorrhage and ovarian viability. Eur J Radiol. 2016 Nov.85(11):2064-2071. Pubmedid: 27776660.
- Petkovska I, Martin DR, Covington MF, Urbina S, Duke E, Daye ZJ, Stolz LA, Keim SM, Costello JR, Chundru S, Arif-Tiwari H, Gilbertson-Dahdal D, Gries L, Kalb B. Accuracy of Unenhanced MR Imaging in the Detection of Acute Appendicitis: Single-Institution Clinical Performance Review. Radiology. 2016 May.279(2):451-460. Pubmedid: 26807893.
- Costello JR, Kalb B, Martin DR. Incidence and Risk Factors for Gadolinium-Based Contrast Agent Immediate Reactions. Top Magn Reson Imaging. 2016 Dec.25(6):257-263. Pubmedid: 27748714.
- Moinuddin I, Bracamonte E, Thajudeen B, Sussman A, Madhrira M, Costello J. Allergic Interstitial Nephritis Manifesting as a Striated Nephrogram. Case Rep Med. 2015 Dec.2015:250530. Pubmedid: 26664405. Pmcid: PMC4667022.
- Costello JR, Kalb B, Chundru S, Arif H, Petkovska I, Martin DR. MR imaging of benign and malignant biliary conditions. Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am. 2014 Aug.22(3):467-488. Pubmedid: 25086940.
- Chundru S, Kalb B, Arif-Tiwari H, Sharma P, Costello J, Martin DR. MRI of diffuse liver disease: the common and uncommon etiologies. Diagn Interv Radiol. 2013 Nov.19(6):479-487. Pubmedid: 23921268.
- Costello JR, Mullins ME, Votaw JR, Karolyi DR, Kalb B, Gonzales P, Fornwalt B, Meltzer CC. Establishing a new radiology residency research track. Acad Radiol. 2013 Feb.20(2):243-248. Pubmedid: 23085410.
- Kalb B, Sharma P, Tigges S, Ray GL, Kitajima HD, Costello JR, Chen Z, Martin DR. MR imaging of pulmonary embolism: diagnostic accuracy of contrast-enhanced 3D MR pulmonary angiography, contrast-enhanced low-flip angle 3D GRE, and nonenhanced free-induction FISP sequences. Radiology. 2012 Apr.263(1):271-278. Pubmedid: 22438448.
- Arif-Tiwari H, Kalb B, Chundru S, Sharma P, Costello J, Guessner RW, Martin DR. MRI of hepatocellular carcinoma: an update of current practices. Diagn Interv Radiol. 20(3):209-221. Pubmedid: 24808419. Pmcid: PMC4463351.
- Chundru S, Kalb B, Arif-Tiwari H, Sharma P, Costello J, Martin DR. MRI of diffuse liver disease: characteristics of acute and chronic diseases. Diagn Interv Radiol. 20(3):200-208. Pubmedid: 24808418. Pmcid: PMC4463342.
Patient CommentsOverall Satisfaction0
0 patients rated this provider
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.