Dr. Druta earned her MD degree from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy Carol Davila, Romainia. She completed an Internal Medicine Residency and Hematology/Medical Oncology Fellowship at the University of South Florida at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Druta most recently completed a Sarcoma Medical Oncology Fellowship (Willie Tichenor Sarcoma Fellowship) at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Druta's clinical interest is in the development of clinical trials focusing on targeted therapeutics specific to sarcoma patients. Her research interest is in the translational aspects of sarcoma biology focusing specifically on Well-differentiated/Differential Liposarcoma and Leiomyosarcoma.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine - Hematology
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center - Hematology and Medical Oncology
- MD Anderson Cancer Center - Sarcoma Medical Oncology
- University of South Florida - Internal Medicine
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy Carol Davilla - MD
Clinical Trial 19487
A Phase Ib/II Study to Evaluate the Safety, Feasibility and Efficacy of Nivolumab or Nivolumab in Combination with Azacitidine in Patients with Recurrent, Resectable Osteosarcoma
Intervention: BMS-936558 (Nivolumab); Nivolumab (Opdivo); azacitidine (5-azacitidine)
Clinical Trial 19580
A Phase 1/2 Dose Escalation and Dose Expansion Study of BA3011 in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
Intervention: BA3011 (Mecbotamab Vedotin); BMS-936558 (Nivolumab); Nivolumab (Opdivo)
Clinical Trial 20251
A Phase 2 Single Arm Open-Label Clinical Trial of ADP-A2M4 SPEAR T cells in subjects with Advanced Synovial Sarcoma or Myxoid/Round Cell Liposarcoma (SPEARHEAD 1 Study)
Intervention: ADP-A2M4 (); CNTO 328 (Siltuximab); Calcium Chloride (); G-CSF (); MESNA (); Magnesium Sulfate (); Siltuximab (); Tocilizumab (); cyclophosphamide (); cytoxan (cyclophosphamide); fludarabine (Fludarabine phosphate)
Clinical Trial 20837
Envasarc: A Pivitol Trial of Envafolimab, and Envafolimab in Combination with Ipilimumab, in Patients with Advanced or Metastatic Undifferentiated Pleomorphic Sarcoma or Myxofibrosarcoma Who Have Progressed on Prior Chemotherapy
Intervention: Envafolimab (); Ipilimumab (); Yervoy (Ipilimumab)
Clinical Trial 22259
(Peak) A Phase 3 Randomized, Open-label, Multicenter Clinical Study of GT9486+Sunitinib vs Sunitinib in Subjects with Locally Advanced, Unresectable, or Metastatic Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors
Intervention: Bezuclastinib (CGT9486); CGT9486 (Bezuclastinib); Sunitinib ()
Clinical Trial 22300
A Phase 2/3 Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Unesbulin in Unresectable or Metastatic, Relapsed or Refractory Leiomyosarcoma
Intervention: Placebo (); Unesbulin ()
- Gelderblom H, Jones RL, Blay JY, George S, von Mehren M, Zalcberg JR, Kang YK, Razak AA, Trent J, Attia S, Le Cesne A, Siontis BL, Goldstein D, Boye K, Sanchez C, Steeghs N, Rutkowski P, Druta M, Serrano C, Somaiah N, Chi P, Harrow B, Becker C, Reichmann W, Sherman ML, Ruiz-Soto R, Heinrich MC, Bauer S. Patient-reported outcomes and tolerability in patients receiving ripretinib versus sunitinib after treatment with imatinib in INTRIGUE, a phase 3, open-label study. Eur J Cancer. 2023 Oct.192:113245. Pubmedid: 37598656.
- Miao R, Swank J, Melzer D, Ludlow S, Clark L, Finger M, Reed DR, Druta M, Brohl AS. Anti-PD-1 therapy in advanced sarcomas: is cutaneous primary site a stronger predictor of response than histologic subtype?. Cancer Immunol Immun. 2023 Jul.72(7):2521-2527. Pubmedid: 36912932. Pmcid: PMC10264480.
- Hong DS, Van Tine BA, Biswas S, McAlpine C, Johnson ML, Olszanski AJ, Clarke JM, Araujo D, Blumenschein GR, Kebriaei P, Lin Q, Tipping AJ, Sanderson JP, Wang R, Trivedi T, Annareddy T, Bai J, Rafail S, Sun A, Fernandes L, Navenot JM, Bushman FD, Everett JK, Karadeniz D, Broad R, Isabelle M, Naidoo R, Bath N, Betts G, Wolchinsky Z, Batrakou DG, Van Winkle E, Elefant E, Ghobadi A, Cashen A, Grand'Maison A, McCarthy P, Fracasso PM, Norry E, Williams D, Druta M, Liebner DA, Odunsi K, Butler MO. Autologous T cell therapy for MAGE-A4+ solid cancers in HLA-A*02+ patients: a phase 1 trial. Nat Med. 2023 Jan.29(1):104-114. Pubmedid: 36624315. Pmcid: PMC9873554.
- Fu Z, Henderson-Jackson EB, Centeno BA, Lauwers GY, Druta M, Anaya DA, Nakanishi Y. A Case of Hepatic Malignant Solitary Fibrous Tumor: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Case Rep Pathol. 2023 Feb.2023:2271690. Pubmedid: 36817074. Pmcid: PMC9935885.
- Gyurdieva A, Zajic S, Chang YF, Houseman EA, Zhong S, Kim J, Nathenson M, Faitg T, Woessner M, Turner DC, Hasan AN, Glod J, Kaplan RN, D'Angelo SP, Araujo DM, Chow WA, Druta M, Demetri GD, Van Tine BA, Grupp SA, Fine GD, Eleftheriadou I. Biomarker correlates with response to NY-ESO-1 TCR T cells in patients with synovial sarcoma. Nat Commun. 2022 Sep.13(1):5296. Pubmedid: 36075914. Pmcid: PMC9458750.
- Lewis JH, Gelderblom H, van de Sande M, Stacchiotti S, Healey JH, Tap WD, Wagner AJ, Pousa AL, Druta M, Lin CC, Baba HA, Choi Y, Wang Q, Shuster DE, Bauer S. Pexidartinib Long-Term Hepatic Safety Profile in Patients with Tenosynovial Giant Cell Tumors. Oncologist. 2021 May.26(5):e863-e873. Pubmedid: 33289960. Pmcid: PMC8100574.
- Robinson LA, Babacan NA, Tanvetyanon T, Henderson-Jackson E, Bui MM, Druta M. Results of treating primary pulmonary sarcomas and pulmonary carcinosarcomas. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2021 Jul.162(1):274-284. Pubmedid: 32711968.
- Afiat TP, Johns C, Smith J, Kis B, Druta M. Adrenal crisis and death following transarterial chemoembolization of sarcoma liver metastases. Clin Imaging. 2021 Jan.69:79-81. Pubmedid: 32693227.
- Lee DH, Armanious M, Huang J, Jeong D, Druta M, Fradley MG. Case of pembrolizumab-induced myocarditis presenting as torsades de pointes with safe re-challenge. J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2020 Sep.26(6):1544-1548. Pubmedid: 32089073.
- Krzyston H, Morse B, Deperalta D, Rishi A, Kayaleh R, El-Haddad G, Smith J, Druta M, Kis B. Liver-directed treatments of liver-dominant metastatic leiomyosarcoma. Diagn Interv Radiol. 2020 Sep.26(5):449-455. Pubmedid: 32673206. Pmcid: PMC7490031.
- Somaiah N, Chawla SP, Block MS, Morris JC, Do K, Kim JW, Druta M, Sankhala KK, Hwu P, Jones RL, Gnjatic S, Kim-Schulze S, Tuballes K, Yishak M, Lu H, Yakovich A, Ter Meulen J, Chen M, Kenney RT, Bohac C, Pollack SM. A Phase 1b Study Evaluating the Safety, Tolerability, and Immunogenicity of CMB305, a Lentiviral-Based Prime-Boost Vaccine Regimen, in Patients with Locally Advanced, Relapsed, or Metastatic Cancer Expressing NY-ESO-1. Oncoimmunology. 2020 Nov.9(1):1847846. Pubmedid: 33312760. Pmcid: PMC7714520.
- Rizk VT, Naghavi AO, Brohl AS, Joyce DM, Binitie O, Kim Y, Hanna JP, Swank J, Gonzalez RJ, Reed DR, Druta M. Chemotherapy improves distant control in localized high-grade soft tissue sarcoma of the extremity/trunk. Clin Sarcoma Res. 2020 Jul.10:11. Pubmedid: 32670544. Pmcid: PMC7350709.
- Pollack SM, Somaiah N, Araujo DM, Druta M, Van Tine BA, Burgess MA, Chawla SP, Seetharam M, Okuno SH, Bohac C, Chen M, Yurasov S, Attia S. Clinical outcomes of patients with advanced synovial sarcoma or myxoid/round cell liposarcoma treated at major cancer centers in the United States. Cancer Med. 2020 Jul.9(13):4593-4602. Pubmedid: 32374488. Pmcid: PMC7333839.
- Ramachandran I, Lowther DE, Dryer-Minnerly R, Wang R, Fayngerts S, Nunez D, Betts G, Bath N, Tipping AJ, Melchiori L, Navenot JM, Glod J, Mackall CL, D'Angelo SP, Araujo DM, Chow WA, Demetri GD, Druta M, Van Tine BA, Grupp SA, Abdul Razak AR, Wilky B, Iyengar M, Trivedi T, Winkle EV, Chagin K, Amado R, Binder GK, Basu S. Systemic and local immunity following adoptive transfer of NY-ESO-1 SPEAR T cells in synovial sarcoma. J Immunother Cancer. 2019 Oct.7(1):276. Pubmedid: 31651363. Pmcid: PMC6813983.
- Bridge JA, Sumegi J, Druta M, Bui MM, Henderson-Jackson E, Linos K, Baker M, Walko CM, Millis S, Brohl AS. Clinical, pathological, and genomic features of EWSR1-PATZ1 fusion sarcoma. Mod Pathol. 2019 Nov.32(11):1593-1604. Pubmedid: 31189996.
- Boddu S, Walko CM, Bienasz S, Bui MM, Henderson-Jackson E, Naghavi AO, Mullinax JE, Joyce DM, Binitie O, Letson GD, Gonzalez RJ, Reed DR, Druta M, Brohl AS. Clinical Utility of Genomic Profiling in the Treatment of Advanced Sarcomas: A Single-Center Experience. JCO Precis Oncol. 2018 Nov.2:1-8. Pubmedid: 35135155.
- Pham V, Henderson-Jackson E, Doepker MP, Caracciolo JT, Gonzalez RJ, Druta M, Ding Y, Bui MM. Practical Issues for Retroperitoneal Sarcoma. Cancer Control. 2016 Jul.23(3):249-264. Pubmedid: 27556665.
- Dossett LA, Toloza EM, Fontaine J, Robinson LA, Reed D, Druta M, Letson DG, Zager JS, Gonzalez RJ. Outcomes and clinical predictors of improved survival in a patients undergoing pulmonary metastasectomy for sarcoma. J Surg Oncol. 2015 Jul.112(1):103-106. Pubmedid: 26179670.
- Liu JJ, Druta M, Shibata D, Coppola D, Boler I, Elahi A, Reich RR, Siegel E, Extermann M. Metabolic syndrome and colorectal cancer: is hyperinsulinemia/insulin receptor-mediated angiogenesis a critical process?. Geriatr Oncol. 2014 Jan.5(1):40-48. Pubmedid: 24484717. Pmcid: PMC4527303.
- Helm J, Centeno B, Coppola D, Druta M, Park J, Chen D, Hodul P, Kvols LK, Yeatman T, Carey L, Karl R, Malafa M. Outcomes following resection of pancreatic adenocarcinoma: 20-year experience at a single institution. Cancer Control. 2008 Oct.15(4):288-294. Pubmedid: 18813196.
- Jacobsen PB, Shibata D, Siegel EM, Druta M, Lee JH, Marshburn J, Davenport L, Cruse H, Levine R, Gondi A, Brown R, Malafa M. Measuring quality of care in the treatment of colorectal cancer: the moffitt quality practice initiative. J Oncol Pract. 2007 Mar.3(2):60-65. Pubmedid: 20859375. Pmcid: PMC2793747.
GrantsTitle: A Phase Ib/II Study to Evaluate the Safety, Feasibility and Efficacy of Nivolumab or Nivolumab in Combination with Azacitidine in Patients with Recurrent, Resectable Osteosarcoma
Sponsor: Florida Biomedical Research Program (FBRP)
PI: Druta, M.
Patient CommentsOverall Satisfaction4.8
69 patients rated this provider
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.