Dr. Haider is an Assistant Member in the Department of Gastrointestinal Oncology and the Department of Satellite and Community Oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center. She treats cancer patients at Moffitt Cancer Center - Magnolia, Moffitt International Plaza, and Tampa General Hospital. Dr. Haider received her Bachelor of Science as well as her Medical Degree at the University of Florida in Gainesville, FL. She completed an internship followed by residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, CA. She completed a Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center – University of South Florida in Tampa, FL. Dr. Haider’s clinical practice is focused on neuroendocrine tumor (NET) and liver cancer. As a member of the Endocrine Program Multidisciplinary team, she also treats paraganglioma, pheochromocytoma and adrenal carcinoma. In parallel, Dr. Haider’s participates in clinical research focused on the systemic therapies of these tumors. As a Clinical Educator, she participates in the education of medical students, residents and fellows as well as community outreach.
Education & Training
- University of South Florida - Hematology and Medical Oncology
- University of Southern California - Internal Medicine
- University of Florida College of Medicine - MD
Clinical Trial 21790
Randomized Phase II/III Trial of First Line Platinum/Etoposide with or without Atezolizumab (NSC #783608) in Patients with Advanced or Metastatic Poorly Differentiated Extrapulmonary Neuroendocrine Carcinomas (NEC)
Condition: Gastrointestinal Tumor
Intervention: Atezolizumab (Tecentriq); Etoposide (); Paraplatin (carboplatin); carboplatin (); cisplatin (); etoposide ()
- Al-Toubah T, Montilla-Soler J, El-Haddad G, Haider M, Strosberg J. Somatostatin Receptor Expression in Lung Neuroendocrine Tumors: An Analysis of DOTATATE PET Scans. J Nucl Med. 2023 Oct. Pubmedid: 37797976.
- Al-Toubah T, Pelle E, Hallanger-Johnson J, Haider M, Strosberg J. ACTH-secreting pancreatic neuroendocrine neoplasms: A case-series. J Neuroendocrinol. 2023 Oct.35(10):e13336. Pubmedid: 37688510.
- Saller JJ, Haider M, Al-Diffalha S, Coppola D. Benefit of Gene Expression Profiling in Gastrointestinal Neuroendocrine Tumors of Unknown Primary Origin. Anticancer Res. 2022 Mar.42(3):1381-1396. Pubmedid: 35220231.
- Sinnamon AJ, Wood AC, Satyadi MA, Levitt CV, Hardy O, Haider M, Kim RD, Anaya DA, Denbo JW. Anatomic patterns of recurrence in biliary tract cancers: does primary tumor site matter?. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2022 Jun.13(3):1413-1422. Pubmedid: 35837169. Pmcid: PMC9274032.
- Ehab J, Powers B, Kim R, Haider M, Utuama O, Chin A, Denbo J, Kis B, Frakes J, Jeong D, Lauwers G, Vadaparampil S, Fleming JB, Anaya DA. ASO Visual Abstract: Integrating a Disease-Focused Tumor Board as a Delivery-of-Care Model to Expedite Treatment Initiation for Patients with Liver Malignancies. Ann Surg Oncol. 2022 Apr.29(4):2381-2382. Pubmedid: 34716839.
- Ehab J, Powers B, Kim R, Haider M, Utuama O, Chin A, Denbo J, Kis B, Frakes J, Jeong D, Lauwers G, Vadaparampil S, Fleming JB, Anaya DA. Integrating a Disease-Focused Tumor Board as a Delivery-of-Care Model to Expedite Treatment Initiation for Patients With Liver Malignancies. Ann Surg Oncol. 2022 Apr.29(4):2371-2380. Pubmedid: 34671878.
- Haider M, Das S, Al-Toubah T, Pelle E, El-Haddad G, Strosberg J. Somatostatin receptor radionuclide therapy in neuroendocrine tumors. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2021 Mar.28(3):R81-R93. Pubmedid: 33608483. Pmcid: PMC8118168.
- Logothetis CN, Patel A, Eatrides J, Jaglal M, Haider M, Visweshwar N, Laber DA. Post Approval Experience with Caplacizumab for Acquired Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura at a Single Institution. J Clin Med. 2021 Jul.10(15). Pubmedid: 34362201. Pmcid: PMC8347784.
- Strosberg JR, Al-Toubah T, Pellè E, Smith J, Haider M, Hutchinson T, Fleming JB, El-Haddad G. Risk of Bowel Obstruction in Patients with Mesenteric or Peritoneal Disease Receiving Peptide Receptor Radionuclide Therapy. J Nucl Med. 2021 Jan.62(1):69-72. Pubmedid: 32444368.
- Anaya DA, Dogra P, Wang Z, Haider M, Ehab J, Jeong DK, Ghayouri M, Lauwers GY, Thomas K, Kim R, Butner JD, Nizzero S, Ramírez JR, Plodinec M, Sidman RL, Cavenee WK, Pasqualini R, Arap W, Fleming JB, Cristini V. A Mathematical Model to Estimate Chemotherapy Concentration at the Tumor-Site and Predict Therapy Response in Colorectal Cancer Patients with Liver Metastases. Cancers (Basel). 2021 Jan.13(3). Pubmedid: 33503971. Pmcid: PMC7866038.
- Al-Toubah T, Pelle E, Valone T, Haider M, Strosberg JR. Efficacy and Toxicity Analysis of Capecitabine and Temozolomide in Neuroendocrine Neoplasms. J Natl Compr Canc Ne. 2021 Aug.20(1):29-36. Pubmedid: 34433130.
- Laber DA, Eatrides J, Jaglal MV, Haider M, Visweshwar N, Patel A. A phase I/II study of docetaxel in combination with pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. Med Oncol. 2020 Sep.37(10):95. Pubmedid: 32979106.
- Zhang Q, Haider M, Al Ali NH, Lancet JE, Epling-Burnette PK, List AF, Padron E, Komrokji RS. SF3B1 Mutations Negatively Predict for Response to Immunosuppressive Therapy in Myelodysplastic Syndromes. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2020 Jun.20(6):400-406.e2. Pubmedid: 32179032. Pmcid: PMC7771378.
- Al-Toubah T, Strosberg J, Halfdanarson T, Oleinikov K, Gross DJ, Haider M, Sonbol MB, Almquist D, Grozinsky-Glasberg S. Somatostatin Analogs Improve Respiratory Symptoms in Patients With Diffuse Idiopathic Neuroendocrine Cell Hyperplasia. Chest. 2020 Jul.158(1):401-405. Pubmedid: 32059961.
- Haider M, Al-Toubah T, El-Haddad G, Strosberg J. Molecular imaging and radionuclide therapy of neuroendocrine tumors. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes. 2020 Feb.27(1):16-21. Pubmedid: 31789833.
- Haider M, Duncavage EJ, Afaneh KF, Bejar R, List AF. New Insight Into the Biology, Risk Stratification, and Targeted Treatment of Myelodysplastic Syndromes. Am Soc Clin Oncol Educ Book. 2017 Dec.37:480-494. Pubmedid: 28561687.
- Haider M, Al Ali N, Padron E, Epling-Burnette P, Lancet J, List A, Komrokji R. Immunosuppressive Therapy: Exploring an Underutilized Treatment Option for Myelodysplastic Syndrome. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2016 Aug.16 Suppl:S44-S48. Pubmedid: 27521323.
- Aldoss I, Ji L, Haider M, Pullarkat V. The combination of fludarabine, cytarabine and etoposide is an active and well-tolerated regimen in relapsed/refractory acute myeloid leukemia. Acta Haematol. 2014 Jul.131(4):202-207. Pubmedid: 24296475.
- Hubsher G, Haider M, Okun MS. Amantadine: the journey from fighting flu to treating Parkinson disease. Neurology. 2012 Apr.78(14):1096-1099. Pubmedid: 22474298.
- Tzachanis D, Haider M, Papazisis G. A Case of Subacute Encephalopathy Developing After Treatment With Clofarabine and Methotrexate That Resolved With Corticosteroids. Am J Ther. 23(3):e937-e940. Pubmedid: 24987945.
Patient CommentsOverall Satisfaction4.9
202 patients rated this provider
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.