Dr. Vania Phuoc is an Assistant Member in the Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Medical Oncology and practices at Moffitt at Wesley Chapel. Dr. Phuoc received her MD from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, and completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. She completed a Hematology/Oncology Fellowship at the University of South Florida/Moffitt Cancer Center, where she also served as Chief Fellow for the James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital. Dr. Phuoc's clinical focuses are benign and malignant hematology and breast cancers. She is actively involved in the University of South Florida/Moffitt Cancer Center Hematology/Oncology fellowship education and mentorship, and she is leading development of clinical benign hematology services at Moffitt including Bloodless Medicine and perioperative hematology management programs.
Education & Training
- University of South Florida / Moffitt Cancer Center - Hematology/Oncology
- Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education - Internal Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine - MD
- Jordan A, Jain AG, Koipallil GK, Reddy M, Chakkoli S, Midha S, Phuoc V, Eatrides J, Erhardt C, Patel AK, Rico J, Visweshar N, Mhaskar R, Parikh N, Laber D, Jaglal M. Can we lower the platelet threshold of ≥ 50 × 109/L for performing a lumbar puncture safely in patients with hematological malignancies?. Ann Hematol. 2023 Mar.102(3):663-668. Pubmedid: 36534146.
- Dahmen AS, Phuoc VH, Cohen JB, Sexton WJ, Patel SY. Bloodless surgery in urologic oncology: A review of hematologic, anesthetic, and surgical considerations. Urol Oncol. 2023 Apr.41(4):192-203. Pubmedid: 36470804.
- Phuoc V, Sandoval-Sus J, Chavez JC. Drug therapy for double-hit lymphoma. Drugs Context. 2019 Dec.8. Pubmedid: 31844420. Pmcid: PMC6905641.
- Jain MD, Bachmeier CA, Phuoc VH, Chavez JC. Axicabtagene ciloleucel (KTE-C19), an anti-CD19 CAR T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory aggressive B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2018 May.14:1007-1017. Pubmedid: 29910620. Pmcid: PMC5987753.
Patient CommentsOverall Satisfaction4.9
194 patients rated this provider
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.