Tiffany Valone is a certified Physician Assistant in the Department of Gastrointestinal Oncology. She started her career at Moffitt in gastrointestinal medical oncology in 2006. She was promoted to Supervisor of Advanced Practice Professionals in 2014 and was awarded the Advanced Practice Professional of the Year in 2015. She is a Florida native who completed her Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from the University of Florida in Gainesville, FL and her graduate degree in Physician Assistant Studies from Philadelphia University in Philadelphia, Pa. She is board certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and licensed by the State of Florida Board of Medicine. Ms. Valone is a co-investigator on multiple clinical trials and plays an active role in the training and mentoring of new gastrointestinal oncology advanced practice professionals, physician assistant students and pre-physician assistant students. She thoroughly enjoys educating others and has presented at state and national conferences on topics including colorectal cancer, pancreatic cancer and neuroendocrine tumors.
AwardsStart Year: 2015 End Year: 2015 Advanced Practice Professional, Sponsor: Moffitt Cancer Center
- Al-Toubah T, Pelle E, Valone T, Haider M, Strosberg JR. Efficacy and Toxicity Analysis of Capecitabine and Temozolomide in Neuroendocrine Neoplasms. J Natl Compr Canc Ne. 2021 Aug.20(1):29-36. Pubmedid: 34433130.
- Al-Toubah T, Cives M, Valone T, Blue K, Strosberg JR. Sensitivity and Specificity of the NETest: A Validation Study. Neuroendocrinology. 2020 Jul.111(6):580-585. Pubmedid: 32615553.
- Randall R, Bennett B, Valone T, Blue K. Optimizing the Management of Carcinoid Syndrome to Reduce the Impact of Diarrhea. J Adv Pract Oncol. 2019 Nov.10(8):862-872. Pubmedid: 33425469. Pmcid: PMC7668882.
- Strosberg J, Cives M, Hwang J, Weber T, Nickerson M, Atreya C, Venook A, Kelley K, Valone T, Morse B, Coppola D, Bergsland E. A phase II study of axitinib in advanced neuroendocrine tumors. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2016 May.23(5):411-418. Pubmedid: 27080472. Pmcid: PMC4963225.
- Strosberg JR, Weber JM, Choi J, Campos TL, Valone TL, Han G, Schell MJ, Kvols LK. A phase II clinical trial of sunitinib following hepatic transarterial embolization for metastatic neuroendocrine tumors. Ann Oncol. 2012 Sep.23(9):2335-2341. Pubmedid: 22317769. Pmcid: PMC4559904.
- Strosberg JR, Yeatman T, Weber J, Coppola D, Schell MJ, Han G, Almhanna K, Kim R, Valone T, Jump H, Sullivan D. A phase II study of RO4929097 in metastatic colorectal cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2012 May.48(7):997-1003. Pubmedid: 22445247. Pmcid: PMC4522922.
- Mathew BM, Daas AY, Centeno BA, Hoffe S, Valone T, Patel M, Springett GM. Lessons learned from a complete remission of advanced metastatic pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol. 2012 May.10(5):340-343. Pubmedid: 22706548.
- Patel M, Hoffe S, Malafa M, Hodul P, Klapman J, Centeno B, Kim J, Helm J, Valone T, Springett G. Neoadjuvant GTX chemotherapy and IMRT-based chemoradiation for borderline resectable pancreatic cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2011 Aug.104(2):155-161. Pubmedid: 21520097. Pmcid: PMC3347705.
Patient CommentsOverall Satisfaction0
0 patients rated this provider
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.