Shannen Whiddon is a Certified Advanced Practice Registered Nurse specializing in lymphoma in the Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Malignant Hematology. She has been practicing as a nurse practitioner at Moffitt since August 2018. Shannen earned her undergraduate degree and her Doctor of Nursing Practice degree from the University of South Florida in Tampa, FL. She is board certified by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, and licensed by the State of Florida Board of Nursing. Shannen is a co-investigator on multiple clinical trials and has a special interest in peripheral T cell lymphomas.
- Song X, Chang S, Seminario-Vidal L, de Mingo Pulido A, Tordesillas L, Song X, Reed RA, Harkins A, Whiddon S, Nguyen JV, Moran Segura C, Zhang C, Yoder S, Sayegh Z, Zhao Y, Messina JL, Harro CM, Zhang X, Conejo-Garcia JR, Berglund AE, Sokol L, Zhang J, Rodriguez PC, Mule JJ, Futreal AP, Tsai KY, Chen PL. Genomic and Single-Cell Landscape Reveals Novel Drivers and Therapeutic Vulnerabilities of Transformed Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma. Cancer Discov. 2022 May.12(5):1294-1313. Pubmedid: 35247891. Pmcid: PMC9148441.
- Zhang Y, Seminario-Vidal L, Varnadoe C, Lu Y, Dong N, Salamanca C, Whiddon S, Bennett J, Hargis R, Liu H, Montejo M, Hussaini M, Harro C, Messina J, Benson K, Pinilla-Ibarz J, Conejo-Garcia J, Sokol L. Clinical characteristics and prognostic factors of 70 patients with Sézary syndrome: a single-institutional experience at Moffitt cancer center. Leuk Lymphoma. 2022 Jan.63(1):109-116. Pubmedid: 34467825. Pmcid: PMC9167451.
Patient CommentsOverall Satisfaction5
16 patients rated this provider
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.