Avan Armaghani, MD
Avan Armaghani, MD
Specialty: Medical Oncology
Program: Breast Oncology
Education & Training
- Shands Hospital at the University of Florida - Hematology & Oncology
- Shands Hospital at the University of Florida -
- University of Florida College of Medicine - MD
- Soliman H, Hogue D, Han H, Mooney B, Costa R, Lee MC, Niell B, Williams A, Chau A, Falcon S, Soyano A, Armaghani A, Khakpour N, Weinfurtner RJ, Hoover S, Kiluk J, Laronga C, Rosa M, Khong H, Czerniecki B. Author Correction: Oncolytic T-VEC virotherapy plus neoadjuvant chemotherapy in nonmetastatic triple-negative breast cancer: a phase 2 trial. Nat Med. 2023 Mar. Pubmedid: 36932246.
- Soliman H, Hogue D, Han H, Mooney B, Costa R, Lee MC, Niell B, Williams A, Chau A, Falcon S, Soyano A, Armaghani A, Khakpour N, Weinfurtner RJ, Hoover S, Kiluk J, Laronga C, Rosa M, Khong H, Czerniecki B. Oncolytic T-VEC virotherapy plus neoadjuvant chemotherapy in nonmetastatic triple-negative breast cancer: a phase 2 trial. Nat Med. 2023 Feb.29(2):450-457. Pubmedid: 36759673.
- Kalra M, Henry E, McCann K, Karuturi MS, Bustamante Alvarez JG, Parkes A, Wesolowski R, Wei M, Mougalian SS, Durm G, Qin A, Schonewolf C, Trivedi M, Armaghani AJ, Wilson FH, Iams WT, Turk AA, Vikas P, Cecchini M, Lubner S, Pathak P, Spencer K, Koshkin VS, Labriola MK, Marshall CH, Beckermann KE, Sharifi MN, Bejjani AC, Hotchandani V, Housri S, Housri N. Making National Cancer Institute-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center Knowledge Accessible to Community Oncologists via an Online Tumor Board: Longitudinal Observational Study. JMIR Cancer. 2022 May.8(2):e33859. Pubmedid: 35588361. Pmcid: PMC9164098.
- Ahmed KA, Kim Y, Arrington JA, Kim S, DeJesus M, Soyano AE, Armaghani AJ, Costa RLB, Khong HT, Loftus LS, Rosa M, Caudell JJ, Diaz R, Robinson TJ, Etame AB, Tran ND, Sahebjam S, Soliman HH, Czerniecki BJ, Forsyth PA, Yu HM, Han HS. Nivolumab and Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Patients With Breast Cancer Brain Metastases: A Nonrandomized, Open-Label Phase 1b Study. Adv Radiat Oncol. 2021 Sep.6(6):100798. Pubmedid: 34934864. Pmcid: PMC8655428.
- Barakat E, Bibok A, Rishi A, Ahmed A, Frakes JM, Hoffe SE, Armaghani AJ, Soyano AE, Costa RLB, El-Haddad G, Choi J, Kis B. Transarterial Yttrium-90 Glass Microsphere Radioembolization of Chemotherapy-Refractory Breast Cancer Liver Metastases: Results of a Single Institution Retrospective Study. Adv Radiat Oncol. 2021 Oct.7(1):100838. Pubmedid: 35071835. Pmcid: PMC8767250.
- Sun J, Zhong X, Ma J, Sun W, Han HS, Soliman HH, Loftus LS, Costa RLB, Armaghani AJ, Soyano-Muller AE, Czerniecki BJ, Lee MC, Kiluk JV, Khakpour N, Hoover SJ, Laronga C, Khong HT. Real-world benefit of combination palbociclib and endocrine therapy for metastatic breast cancer and correlation with neutropenia. Cancer Med. 2021 Nov.10(21):7665-7672. Pubmedid: 34590788. Pmcid: PMC8559460.
- Moy B, Rumble RB, Come SE, Davidson NE, Di Leo A, Gralow JR, Hortobagyi GN, Yee D, Smith IE, Chavez-MacGregor M, Nanda R, McArthur HL, Spring L, Reeder-Hayes KE, Ruddy KJ, Unger PS, Vinayak S, Irvin WJ, Armaghani A, Danso MA, Dickson N, Turner SS, Perkins CL, Carey LA. Chemotherapy and Targeted Therapy for Patients With Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2-Negative Metastatic Breast Cancer That is Either Endocrine-Pretreated or Hormone Receptor-Negative: ASCO Guideline Update. J Clin Oncol. 2021 Dec.39(35):3938-3958. Pubmedid: 34324366.
- Armaghani AJ, Han HS. Alpelisib in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: A Short Review on the Emerging Clinical Data. Breast Cancer (Dove Med Press). 2020 Nov.12:251-258. Pubmedid: 33239910. Pmcid: PMC7680678.
- Figura NB, Rizk VT, Armaghani AJ, Arrington JA, Etame AB, Han HS, Czerniecki BJ, Forsyth PA, Ahmed KA. Breast leptomeningeal disease: a review of current practices and updates on management. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2019 Sep.177(2):277-294. Pubmedid: 31209686.
- Armaghani A, Hernandez Gonzalo D, Daily K. Hepatoid adenocarcinoma of the colon. BMJ Case Rep. 2015 Apr.2015. Pubmedid: 25883249. Pmcid: PMC4401922.
- Crucian GP, Armaghani S, Armaghani A, Foster PS, Burks DW, Skoblar B, Drago V, Heilman KM. Dopamine does not appear to affect mental rotation in Parkinson's disease. J Mov Disord. 2014 Oct.7(2):77-83. Pubmedid: 25360231. Pmcid: PMC4213535.
- Iqbal S, Armaghani A, Aiyer R, Kazory A. Methotrexate nephrotoxicity: Novel treatment, new approach. J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2013 Dec.19(4):373-376. Pubmedid: 24255083.
- Crucian GP, Armaghani S, Armaghani A, Foster PS, Burks DW, Skoblar B, Drago V, Heilman KM. Visual-spatial disembedding in Parkinson's disease. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 2010 Feb.32(2):190-200. Pubmedid: 19484649.
Patient CommentsOverall Satisfaction4.8
174 patients rated this provider
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.