Multiple Myeloma-Plasma Cell Tumor
Dr. Blue earned his MD at Meharry Medical College, Nashville, Tennessee. Dr. Blue completed an Internal Medicine Residency in the Department of Medicine at Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, and d a Hematology/Oncology Fellowship in the Department of Medicine at Saint Louis University School of Medicine. Dr. Blue recently completed a Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy Fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Blue’s clinical interests include treatment of plasma cell disorders and evaluation of patients pre and post bone marrow transplant. His research interests include reducing health disparities and improving health outcomes for plasma cell dyscrasias.
Education & Training
- Moffitt Cancer Center - Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine - Hematology/Oncology
- Washington University School of Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Meharry Medical College - MD
Clinical Trial 21858
A Phase 2, Multicohort Study of Daratumumab-Based Therapies in Participants with Amyloid Light Chain AL Amyloidosis
Condition: Malignant Hematology
Intervention: Bortezomib (); Daratumumab (Darzalex); Dexamethasone (); Diphenhydramine (); PS-341 (Bortezomib); Velcade (Bortezomib); acetaminophen (); cyclophosphamide (); cytoxan (cyclophosphamide)
- Akhtar OS, Sheeba BA, Azad F, Alessi L, Hansen D, Alsina M, Baz R, Shain K, Grajales Cruz A, Castaneda Puglianini O, Liu H, Blue B, Nishihori T, Al Jumayli M, Extermann M, Locke FL, Mhaskar R, Freeman CL. Safety and efficacy of anti-BCMA CAR-T cell therapy in older adults with multiple myeloma: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Geriatr Oncol. 2023 Sep.101628. Pubmedid: 37723045.
- Oswald LB, Gudenkauf LM, Li X, De Avila G, Peres LC, Kirtane K, Gonzalez BD, Hoogland AI, Nguyen O, Rodriguez Y, Baz RC, Shain KH, Alsina M, Locke FL, Freeman C, Castaneda Puglianini O, Nishihori T, Liu H, Blue B, Grajales-Cruz A, Jim HSL, Hansen DK. Patient-Reported Outcomes among Multiple Myeloma Patients Treated with Standard of Care Idecabtagene Vicleucel. Cancers (Basel). 2023 Sep.15(19). Pubmedid: 37835405. Pmcid: PMC10571575.
- Blue B, Pierre A, Mikhael J. Culturally Responsive Care Delivery in Oncology: The Example of Multiple Myeloma. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2023 Sep.23(9):651-659. Pubmedid: 37290997.
- Peres LC, Oswald LB, Dillard CM, De Avila G, Nishihori T, Blue BJ, Freeman CL, Locke FL, Alsina M, Castaneda Puglianini OA, Shune L, Sborov DW, Wagner C, Dima D, Hashmi H, Davis JA, Kocoglu MH, Badros AZ, Atrash S, Simmons G, Kalariya N, Ferreri CJ, Anderson LD, Afrough A, Kaur G, Lin Y, Liu L, Nadeem O, Voorhees PM, Khouri J, McGuirk JP, Sidana S, Hansen DK, Patel KK. Racial and ethnic differences in clinical outcomes among multiple myeloma patients treated with CAR T-cell therapy. Blood Adv. 2023 Oct. Pubmedid: 37855718.
- Blue BJ, Brazauskas R, Chen K, Patel J, Hashmi S, Lehmann L, Bhatt N, Wood W, Saber W, Majhail N. Racial and Socioeconomic Disparities in Long-Term Outcomes in ≥1 Year Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Survivors: A CIBMTR Analysis. Transplant Cell Ther. 2023 Nov.29(11):709.e1-709.e11. Pubmedid: 37482244.
- Lee DH, Kumar A, Mohammed T, Peres LC, Alsina M, Bachmeier CA, Blue B, Brayer J, Chandrasekhar S, Grajales-Cruz AF, De Avila G, Elmariah H, Faramand RG, Freeman CL, Jain MD, Khadka S, Khimani F, Liu H, Nishihori T, Oswald LB, Castaneda Puglianini OA, Shain KH, Smith E, Baz RC, Locke FL, Oliveira GH, Alomar M, Hansen DK. Cardiac events after standard of care idecabtagene vicleucel for relapsed and refractory multiple myeloma. Blood Adv. 2023 Aug.7(16):4247-4257. Pubmedid: 37307173. Pmcid: PMC10424134.
- Peres LC, Colin-Leitzinger C, Teng M, Dutil J, Alugubelli RR, DeAvila G, Teer JK, Du D, Mo Q, Siegel EM, Hampton O, Alsina M, Brayer J, Blue B, Baz R, Siqueira Silva A, Nishihori T, Shain KH, Gillis N. Racial and ethnic differences in clonal hematopoiesis, tumor markers, and outcomes of patients with multiple myeloma. Blood Adv. 2022 Jun.6(12):3767-3778. Pubmedid: 35500227. Pmcid: PMC9631567.
- Blue B. Socioeconomic and Racial Disparity in Chimeric antigen receptor T cell (CART)Therapy Access. Transplant Cell Ther. 2022 Jul.28(7):345-346. Pubmedid: 35779944.
- Logue JM, Peres LC, Hashmi H, Colin-Leitzinger C, Shrewsbury AM, Hosoya H, Gonzalez R, Copponex C, Kottra KH, Hovanky V, Sahaf B, Patil S, Lazaryan A, Jain MD, Baluch A, Klinkova O, Bejanyan N, Faramand RG, Elmariah H, Khimani F, Davila ML, Mishra A, Blue B, Grajales-Cruz AF, Castaneda Puglianini O, Liu H, Nishihori T, Freeman CL, Brayer J, Shain KH, Baz R, Locke FL, Alsina M, Sidana S, Hansen DK. Early cytopenias and infections after standard of care idecabtagene vicleucel in relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. Blood Adv. 2022 Dec.6(24):6109-6119. Pubmedid: 35939783. Pmcid: PMC9768247.
- Zhang Y, Duncanson L, Brayer J, Reu F, Hansen D, Alsina M, Nishihori T, Ochoa-Bayona J, Liu H, Shain K, Thompson Z, Baz R, Blue B. Adding Cyclophosphamide to Bortezomib and Dexamethasone was not Associated With Improved Outcomes of Patients With Newly Diagnosed Light Chain Amyloidosis: A Retrospective Study. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2022 Aug.22(8):e770-e776. Pubmedid: 35504808.
- Fonseca JJ, Yeats AL, Blue B, Zalalutdinov MK, Brintlinger T, Simpkins BS, Ratchford DC, Culbertson JC, Grim JQ, Carter SG, Ishigami M, Stroud RM, Cress CD, Robinson JT. Enabling remote quantum emission in 2D semiconductors via porous metallic networks. Nat Commun. 2020 Jan.11(1):5. Pubmedid: 31911592. Pmcid: PMC6946668.
- Blue B, Vegunta R, Rodin M, Patolia S, Poddar N. Impact of an Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation in Terminally Ill Cancer Patients. Cureus. 2018 Jul.10(7):e3016. Pubmedid: 30254805. Pmcid: PMC6150761.
- Blue BJ, Luo S, Sanfilippo KM, Ganti A, Gumbel J, O'Brian K, Carson KR. Race-based differences in routine cytogenetic profiles of patients with multiple myeloma. Brit J Haematol. 2017 Jan.176(2):322-324. Pubmedid: 26887893.
- Sanfilippo KM, Keller J, Gage BF, Luo S, Wang TF, Moskowitz G, Gumbel J, Blue B, O'Brian K, Carson KR. Statins Are Associated With Reduced Mortality in Multiple Myeloma. J Clin Oncol. 2016 Nov.34(33):4008-4014. Pubmedid: 27646948. Pmcid: PMC5477827.
Patient CommentsOverall Satisfaction4.9
232 patients rated this provider
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.