Anal Cancer, Appendiceal (Appendix) Cancer, Cholangiocarcinoma (Bile Duct Cancer), Colon Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Esophageal Cancer, Gallbladder Cancer, Gastrointestinal Carcinoid Tumor, GIST (Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor), Liver Cancer, Neuroendocrine Tumor, Pancreatic Cancer, Rectal Cancer, Small Intestine Cancer, Stomach (Gastric) Cancer
Dr. Masoumeh Ghayouri is Assistant Member in the Department of Anatomic Pathology at Moffitt Cancer Center and Assistant Professor, Department of Oncologic Sciences and Department of Pathology and Cell Biology in the College of Medicine at University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine. Dr. Ghayouri’s research and clinical interests include hepatobiliary, gastrointestinal, and neuroendocrine tumors. A graduate of Tehran University School of Medicine in Iran, Dr. Ghayouri completed a Fellowship in Oncologic Surgical Pathology at Moffitt Cancer Center after completing her residency in pathology and cell biology in the School of Medicine at the University of South Florida. Dr. Ghayouri instructs and mentors medical students, residents, and fellows at Moffitt Cancer Center and is engaged in research on predictors of response to targeted therapies and expression of Her2-neu in adenocarcinoma of the extrahepatic biliary tract. Dr. Ghayouri is a reviewer for Cancer Cell International Journal and is a member of the College of American Pathologists, the North American Neuroendocrine Tumor Society, the US and Canadian Academy of Pathology, the College of American Pathologists, and the American Society of Clinical Pathology. She serves on numerous committees at Moffitt Cancer Center and USF, has published nearly 20 peer-reviewed articles, has authored book chapters, and has presented numerous abstracts and presentations.
Education & Training
- University of South Florida - Pathology & Cell Biology
- University of South Florida - Pathology & Cell Biology
- Tehran University, School of Medical Sciences - MD
- Kim RD, Kovari BP, Martinez M, Xie H, Sahin IH, Mehta R, Strosberg J, Imanirad I, Ghayouri M, Kim YC, Kim DW. A phase I/Ib study of regorafenib and nivolumab in mismatch repair proficient advanced refractory colorectal cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2022 Jul.169:93-102. Pubmedid: 35526308.
- Song A, Ghayouri M, Hiya F, Hussaini MO. Post-transplant relapse of therapy-related MDS as gastric myeloid sarcoma: Case report and review of literature. Leuk Res Rep. 2021 May.15:100244. Pubmedid: 34113541. Pmcid: PMC8170141.
- Pai RK, Pai RK, Brown I, Choi WT, Schaeffer DF, Farnell D, Kumarasinghe MP, Gunawardena D, Kim BH, Friedman M, Ghayouri M, Lauwers GY. The significance of histological activity measurements in immune checkpoint inhibitor colitis. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2021 Jan.53(1):150-159. Pubmedid: 33146440.
- Anaya DA, Dogra P, Wang Z, Haider M, Ehab J, Jeong DK, Ghayouri M, Lauwers GY, Thomas K, Kim R, Butner JD, Nizzero S, Ramírez JR, Plodinec M, Sidman RL, Cavenee WK, Pasqualini R, Arap W, Fleming JB, Cristini V. A Mathematical Model to Estimate Chemotherapy Concentration at the Tumor-Site and Predict Therapy Response in Colorectal Cancer Patients with Liver Metastases. Cancers (Basel). 2021 Jan.13(3). Pubmedid: 33503971. Pmcid: PMC7866038.
- Katzman JH, Tahmasbi M, Ghayouri M, Nanjappa S, Li MC, Greene J. Management of Severe Hidradenitis Suppurativa. Cureus. 2021 Feb.13(2):e13483. Pubmedid: 33777570. Pmcid: PMC7989970.
- Pereira D, Kővári B, Brown I, Chaves P, Choi WT, Clauditz T, Ghayouri M, Jiang K, Miller GC, Nakanishi Y, Mee Kim K, Kim BH, Kumarasinghe PM, Kushima R, Ushiku T, Yozu M, Srivastava A, Goldblum JR, Pai RK, Lauwers GY. Non-conventional dysplasias of the tubular gut: a review and illustration of their histomorphological spectrum. Histopathology. 2021 Apr.78(5):658-675. Pubmedid: 33124049.
- Parsee AA, Thomas KL, Ghayouri M, Mehta R, Latifi K, Sweeney J, Jeong D, Ahmed A. Rare Abdominal Wall Metastasis following Curative Resection of Gastric Cancer: What Can Be Learned from the Use of Percutaneous Catheters?. Case Rep Oncol Med. 2020 May.2020:3738798. Pubmedid: 32509367. Pmcid: PMC7244962.
- Alpert L, Al-Sabti R, Graham RP, Pai RK, Gonzalez RS, Zhang X, Smith V, Wang HL, Westbrook L, Goldblum JR, Bakhshwin A, Shetty S, Klimstra DS, Shia J, Askan G, Robert ME, Thomas C, Frankel WL, Alsomali M, Hagen C, Mostafa ME, Feely MM, Assarzadegan N, Misdraji J, Shih AR, Agostini-Vulaj D, Meis JM, Tang S, Chatterjee D, Kang LI, Hart J, Lee SM, Smith T, Yantiss RK, Hissong EM, Gao ZH, Wu J, Resnick MB, Wu EY, Pai RK, Zhao L, Doyle LA, Chopra S, Panarelli NC, Hu S, Longacre TA, Raghavan SS, Lauwers GY, Ghayouri M, Cooper HS, Nagarathinam R, Bellizzi AM, Kakar S, Hosseini M, Rong J, Greenson JK, Lamps LW, Dong Z, Bronner MP. Smooth muscle tumors of the gastrointestinal tract: an analysis of prognostic features in 407 cases. Mod Pathol. 2020 Jul.33(7):1410-1419. Pubmedid: 32051556. Pmcid: PMC8405135.
- Cives M, Ghayouri M, Morse B, Brelsford M, Black M, Rizzo A, Meeker A, Strosberg J. Analysis of potential response predictors to capecitabine/temozolomide in metastatic pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2016 Sep.23(9):759-767. Pubmedid: 27552969.
- Tahmasbi M, Nguyen J, Ghayouri M, Shan Y, Hakam A. Primary uterine cervix schwannoma: a case report and review of the literature. Case Rep Pathol. 2013 Jan.2012:353049. Pubmedid: 23320233. Pmcid: PMC3539385.
- Mayhall K, Ghayouri M, Henry K, Margin V, Copolla D, Shackelford R. Thirty-five-year-old woman with signet ring cell gastric carcinoma secondary to the chernobyl nuclear accident: a case report. Case Rep Oncol. 2013 Jan.6(1):158-162. Pubmedid: 23626554. Pmcid: PMC3636966.
- Abdelbaqi MQ, Tahmasbi M, Ghayouri M. Gangliocytic paraganglioma of the appendix with features suggestive of malignancy, a rare case report and review of the literature. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013.6(9):1948-1952. Pubmedid: 24040463. Pmcid: PMC3759505.
- Strosberg JR, Cheema A, Weber JM, Ghayouri M, Han G, Hodul PJ, Kvols LK. Relapse-free survival in patients with nonmetastatic, surgically resected pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: an analysis of the AJCC and ENETS staging classifications. Ann Surg. 2012 Aug.256(2):321-325. Pubmedid: 22415420.
- Coppola D, Helm J, Ghayouri M, Malafa MP, Wang HG. Down-regulation of Bax-interacting factor 1 in human pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Pancreas. 2011 Apr.40(3):433-437. Pubmedid: 21283040. Pmcid: PMC3063470.
- Henderson-Jackson EB, Helm J, Ghayouri M, Hakam A, Nasir A, Leon M, Bui M, Yeatman T, Coppola D. Correlation between Mcl-1 and pAKT protein expression in colorectal cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2010 Oct.3(8):768-774. Pubmedid: 21151390. Pmcid: PMC2993227.
- Ghayouri M, Boulware D, Nasir A, Strosberg J, Kvols L, Coppola D. Activation of the serine/theronine protein kinase Akt in enteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. Anticancer Res. 2010 Dec.30(12):5063-5067. Pubmedid: 21187491.
Patient CommentsOverall Satisfaction0
0 patients rated this provider
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.