Breast Cancer FAQs
If you have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, you likely have a lot of questions running through your mind. At Moffitt Cancer Center, we’re here to help you understand your diagnosis, learn about your treatment options and answer any other questions you have. The experts within the Don & Erika Wallace Comprehensive Breast Program at Moffitt have a wide a range of specialties and are dedicated to providing the best possible treatment for individuals with breast cancer. Our team collaborates in regular tumor board meetings, ensuring that all of our patients receive individualized treatment.
At Moffitt, we welcome new patients to schedule an appointment to discuss their breast cancer questions or concerns with one of our specialists, as each patient’s condition is unique. You can call us at 1-888-663-3488 or fill out a new patient registration form online to get started. However, if you have general questions about breast cancer or are learning about this disease for the first time, you may find some of the answers you’re looking for by browsing through some of the frequently asked questions below:
- What should I expect with a total mastectomy?
- Will I need chemotherapy after a total mastectomy?
- Questions to ask before a total mastectomy
- How long after diagnosis should I receive breast cancer treatment?
- Questions to ask your breast cancer specialist
- Four things you should know about breast cancer chemotherapy
- Three breast cancer symptoms not to ignore
- What are the most common types of breast cancer?
- What does a breast cancer lump feel like?
- How do I manage the side effects of breast cancer treatment?
- Will I lose my hair with breast cancer treatment?
- What should I expect from my first mammogram?
- How often should I receive a breast cancer screening?
- What is inflammatory breast cancer?
- What does an inflammatory breast cancer rash look like?
- Can breast cancer recur after a mastectomy?
- How to do a self breast exam
- Where does breast cancer spread to first?
- What are the early signs of inflammatory breast cancer?
- What are the signs that breast cancer has spread?