Awards & Recognition
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we've earned our share of accolades over the years, with members of our staff receiving some of the highest physician and cancer awards within the medical field. As an organization, we've consistently been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best hospitals for the treatment of cancer in the country.
While we appreciate the recognition, we remain focused on the real prize: a cure. Only then can we sit back and reflect on what we’ve accomplished.
Additional acknowledgments include:
- Moffitt is ranked No. 10 in the nation and the top-ranked cancer hospital in Florida and the Southeast in Newsweek’s 2023 list of “America’s Best Cancer Hospitals.”
- Moffitt has been honored on the Forbes list of America's Best Employers for Women 2023.
- Recognized as one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources for the seventh year in a row in 2023.
- Moffitt was named LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation in 2022.
- For the seventh consecutive year in 2022, Moffitt Cancer Center was recognized on DiversityInc’s Top Hospitals & Health Systems List of Top Hospitals & Health Systems.
- Moffitt is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC). Moffitt has been awarded accreditation continuously since 1989 for our commitment to providing comprehensive, high-quality and multispecialty patient-centered care. To maintain accreditation, facilities must undergo an on-site review every three years.
- Moffitt achieved exemplar status for its Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders (NICHE) program, the highest designation in an international nurse-driven initiative designed to help hospitals improve the care of older adults. Moffitt is one of only 38 medical centers in the nation to have achieved this status.
- Named an honoree of a 2021 CSO50 Award from IDG’s CSO. This award recognizes organizations that have implemented security projects and initiatives that demonstrate outstanding business value and thought leadership.
- Moffitt once again made the Tampa Bay Times Top Workplaces ranking for the 12th time. The anonymous survey uniquely measures culture drivers that are critical to the success of any organization, including alignment, execution and connection.
- Magnet® designation in recognition of our nursing excellence. Magnet recognition is granted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the credentialing body of the American Nurses Association, to honor outstanding health care organizations for nursing professionalism, teamwork, quality patient care and innovations in nursing practices.
- Recognized by the Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care
- Named a Fertile Hope Center of Excellence, an award presented to "cancer centers for proactively addressing cancer-related fertility."